Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- Credit: Google
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after an elderly woman was found unconscious in a bath at an address in Clayhall.
Police were called to Rushden Gardens at 10.51am today (Friday, April 9) and found a woman in her 80s not breathing in a bath.
Despite the efforts of officers and paramedics, she was pronounced dead at 11.48am.
The man, 54, has been taken into custody.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: "A crime scene is in place and homicide detectives from specialist crime have been informed.
"A post mortem will be carried out in due course.
"The woman and the man are known to each other.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 5 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 6 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 10 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
A spokesperson for the London Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 10.57am today (April 9) to reports of an incident at a residential address in Rushden Gardens.
"We sent an ambulance crew, an incident response officer, an advanced paramedic and two medics in cars.
"Sadly, despite the efforts of medics, a person died at the scene."