Man arrested after over 500 cannabis plants found in Seven Kings house
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested and charged after over 500 cannabis plants were found in a house.
Police officers from the Seven Kings and Chadwell teams attended a home in Farnham Road, Seven Kings, yesterday morning after obtaining a warrant.
The estimated street value of the plants is over £200,000.
While forcing open the front door, officers found the man attempting to climb out of the rear toilet window.
When he returned inside, he was detained before being arrested on suspicion of producing the cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
A search of the property revealed two rooms were being used to grow cannabis plants and there were also two large suitcases at the bottom of the stairs, which contained 15 carrier bags full of dried cannabis plant heads.
Pc Pete Williams, from the Seven Kings neighbourhood policing team, said: “This was quite a large amount seized before it had time to hit the streets.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 6 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
“The house was a rented accommodation and it is unknown if the owner or landlord was aware of what the premises were being used for.
“I would like to get a message out to owners and landlords that they should check their properties on a regular basis, as to put the building right and fit for living could cost them thousands of pounds.”
The arrested man has been remanded in custody, pending evidence gathering for court.