Man arrested after over 500 cannabis plants found in Seven Kings house
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested and charged after over 500 cannabis plants were found in a house.
Police officers from the Seven Kings and Chadwell teams attended a home in Farnham Road, Seven Kings, yesterday morning after obtaining a warrant.
The estimated street value of the plants is over £200,000.
While forcing open the front door, officers found the man attempting to climb out of the rear toilet window.
When he returned inside, he was detained before being arrested on suspicion of producing the cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
A search of the property revealed two rooms were being used to grow cannabis plants and there were also two large suitcases at the bottom of the stairs, which contained 15 carrier bags full of dried cannabis plant heads.
Pc Pete Williams, from the Seven Kings neighbourhood policing team, said: “This was quite a large amount seized before it had time to hit the streets.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 4 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 5 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 8 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
“The house was a rented accommodation and it is unknown if the owner or landlord was aware of what the premises were being used for.
“I would like to get a message out to owners and landlords that they should check their properties on a regular basis, as to put the building right and fit for living could cost them thousands of pounds.”
The arrested man has been remanded in custody, pending evidence gathering for court.