Ilford shooting: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after an alleged drive-by shooting in Ilford.
Police were called on Thursday, December 13, at 2.02pm, to reports of gunfire on Green Lane and arrived at the scene with specialist firearms officers.
A Met Police spokesman said a car pulled up alongside another vehicle and a man fired several shots.
The bullets hit the driver’s side door and the gunman then fled in his vehicle.
The car that was shot at also left the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Armed police chased a group of men in a car but eventually lost them.
“Specialist firearms officers carried out an area search,” the Met Police spokesman said.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 9 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
“They located one of the vehicles believed to be involved and a pursuit followed- a number of males decamped and fled.
“Officers gave chase but they could not be located (at the time).”
Following the incident, the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command launched an investigation and officers made two arrests.
A man in his 30s was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and bailed to return on a date in early January.
A woman was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and bailed to return on the same date.