Man arrested after Ilford murder is released
A man, who was arrested after the murder of a woman in Ilford, has been released without charge.
The 48-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder of a Romanian sex worker, 24.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at about 12.15am yesterday, to reports of the woman injured in Ilford Lane, near the junction with Loxford Lane.
The woman was treated for a stab injury and was taken to Royal London Hospital where she died just before 2am.
Police said her next of kin are yet to be informed and they are awaiting formal identification.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination was carried out yesterday at East Ham Mortuary, which showed that the woman died due to shock, haemorrhage and stab wounds to the chest.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are leading the investigation.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.