Man arrested after Ilford murder is released
A man, who was arrested after the murder of a woman in Ilford, has been released without charge.
The 48-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder of a Romanian sex worker, 24.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at about 12.15am yesterday, to reports of the woman injured in Ilford Lane, near the junction with Loxford Lane.
The woman was treated for a stab injury and was taken to Royal London Hospital where she died just before 2am.
Police said her next of kin are yet to be informed and they are awaiting formal identification.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination was carried out yesterday at East Ham Mortuary, which showed that the woman died due to shock, haemorrhage and stab wounds to the chest.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are leading the investigation.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.