Man arrested after Ilford murder is released
A man, who was arrested after the murder of a woman in Ilford, has been released without charge.
The 48-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder of a Romanian sex worker, 24.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at about 12.15am yesterday, to reports of the woman injured in Ilford Lane, near the junction with Loxford Lane.
The woman was treated for a stab injury and was taken to Royal London Hospital where she died just before 2am.
Police said her next of kin are yet to be informed and they are awaiting formal identification.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination was carried out yesterday at East Ham Mortuary, which showed that the woman died due to shock, haemorrhage and stab wounds to the chest.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are leading the investigation.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.