Man arrested after Ilford murder is released
A man, who was arrested after the murder of a woman in Ilford, has been released without charge.
The 48-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder of a Romanian sex worker, 24.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at about 12.15am yesterday, to reports of the woman injured in Ilford Lane, near the junction with Loxford Lane.
The woman was treated for a stab injury and was taken to Royal London Hospital where she died just before 2am.
Police said her next of kin are yet to be informed and they are awaiting formal identification.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination was carried out yesterday at East Ham Mortuary, which showed that the woman died due to shock, haemorrhage and stab wounds to the chest.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are leading the investigation.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.