Man arrested after 24-year-old Romanian prostitute murdered
A 48-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the murder of a 24-year-old Romanian sex worker in the early hours of the morning.
Police say they believe they know the identity of the woman but are waiting until her next of kin have been informed before releasing her details.
A post-mortem was held this afternoon at East Ham Public Mortuary and the results are expected later this evening.
Police were called at by London Ambulance Service at about 12.15am to reports of a woman injured in Ilford Lane, Ilford.
She was taken to Royal London Hospital where she died during surgery at about 2am.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 2 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Gants Hill care worker's daughter wins Bafta
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 9 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 10 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting