Man arrested after 24-year-old Romanian prostitute murdered
A 48-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the murder of a 24-year-old Romanian sex worker in the early hours of the morning.
Police say they believe they know the identity of the woman but are waiting until her next of kin have been informed before releasing her details.
A post-mortem was held this afternoon at East Ham Public Mortuary and the results are expected later this evening.
Police were called at by London Ambulance Service at about 12.15am to reports of a woman injured in Ilford Lane, Ilford.
She was taken to Royal London Hospital where she died during surgery at about 2am.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn