Man arrested after 24-year-old Romanian prostitute murdered
A 48-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the murder of a 24-year-old Romanian sex worker in the early hours of the morning.
Police say they believe they know the identity of the woman but are waiting until her next of kin have been informed before releasing her details.
A post-mortem was held this afternoon at East Ham Public Mortuary and the results are expected later this evening.
Police were called at by London Ambulance Service at about 12.15am to reports of a woman injured in Ilford Lane, Ilford.
She was taken to Royal London Hospital where she died during surgery at about 2am.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman