Man arrested after 24-year-old Romanian prostitute murdered
A 48-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the murder of a 24-year-old Romanian sex worker in the early hours of the morning.
Police say they believe they know the identity of the woman but are waiting until her next of kin have been informed before releasing her details.
A post-mortem was held this afternoon at East Ham Public Mortuary and the results are expected later this evening.
Police were called at by London Ambulance Service at about 12.15am to reports of a woman injured in Ilford Lane, Ilford.
She was taken to Royal London Hospital where she died during surgery at about 2am.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 4 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 5 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims