Man appears in court accused of robbing 86-year-old woman with hammer
A man appeared in court today accused of attacking an elderly woman with a hammer during a robbery in Goodmayes.
Patrick East, 46, of Breamore Court, Goodmayes, was remanded in custody after a hearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court and awaits a trial.
He entered no plea to charges of robbery, assault on police with the intent to resist arrest and attempting to escape from lawful custody.
A Redbridge Police spokesman said officers were called to reports of an assault and robbery at a house in Breamore Road at 11.40pm on September 23.
She added: “An 86-year-old woman was taken to an east London hospital with head injuries, where the victim was later discharged.”
You may also want to watch:
East is due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court tomorrow (Friday).
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 4 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses