Man appears in court accused of robbing 86-year-old woman with hammer
A man appeared in court today accused of attacking an elderly woman with a hammer during a robbery in Goodmayes.
Patrick East, 46, of Breamore Court, Goodmayes, was remanded in custody after a hearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court and awaits a trial.
He entered no plea to charges of robbery, assault on police with the intent to resist arrest and attempting to escape from lawful custody.
A Redbridge Police spokesman said officers were called to reports of an assault and robbery at a house in Breamore Road at 11.40pm on September 23.
She added: “An 86-year-old woman was taken to an east London hospital with head injuries, where the victim was later discharged.”
You may also want to watch:
East is due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court tomorrow (Friday).
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London