Man appears in court accused of robbing 86-year-old woman with hammer
A man appeared in court today accused of attacking an elderly woman with a hammer during a robbery in Goodmayes.
Patrick East, 46, of Breamore Court, Goodmayes, was remanded in custody after a hearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court and awaits a trial.
He entered no plea to charges of robbery, assault on police with the intent to resist arrest and attempting to escape from lawful custody.
A Redbridge Police spokesman said officers were called to reports of an assault and robbery at a house in Breamore Road at 11.40pm on September 23.
She added: “An 86-year-old woman was taken to an east London hospital with head injuries, where the victim was later discharged.”
You may also want to watch:
East is due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court tomorrow (Friday).
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder