Man appears in court accused of robbing 86-year-old woman with hammer
A man appeared in court today accused of attacking an elderly woman with a hammer during a robbery in Goodmayes.
Patrick East, 46, of Breamore Court, Goodmayes, was remanded in custody after a hearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court and awaits a trial.
He entered no plea to charges of robbery, assault on police with the intent to resist arrest and attempting to escape from lawful custody.
A Redbridge Police spokesman said officers were called to reports of an assault and robbery at a house in Breamore Road at 11.40pm on September 23.
She added: “An 86-year-old woman was taken to an east London hospital with head injuries, where the victim was later discharged.”
You may also want to watch:
East is due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court tomorrow (Friday).
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 3 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 4 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 7 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 8 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 9 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence