Man accused of murdering Ilford rough sleeper to stand trial
A MAN accused of battering a homeless man to death and trying to kill two others is to stand trial in May.
Jaswinder Singh, 47, allegedly killed 31-year-old Harbarjan Singh near Buckingham Road Cemetery in Ilford.
Two other men, Jit Singh and Harteerth Singh, were also discovered with serious injuries earlier that day.
Jaswinder Singh appeared by video link from prison for a plea and case management hearing at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
He pleaded not guilty to one count of murder and two counts of attempted murder “on or about” September 9.
You may also want to watch:
The defendant, of Town Road, Edmonton, was remanded in custody.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 8 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company