Man accused of murdering Ilford rough sleeper to stand trial
A MAN accused of battering a homeless man to death and trying to kill two others is to stand trial in May.
Jaswinder Singh, 47, allegedly killed 31-year-old Harbarjan Singh near Buckingham Road Cemetery in Ilford.
Two other men, Jit Singh and Harteerth Singh, were also discovered with serious injuries earlier that day.
Jaswinder Singh appeared by video link from prison for a plea and case management hearing at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
He pleaded not guilty to one count of murder and two counts of attempted murder “on or about” September 9.
You may also want to watch:
The defendant, of Town Road, Edmonton, was remanded in custody.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 9 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 10 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge