Man accused of murdering Ilford rough sleeper to stand trial
A MAN accused of battering a homeless man to death and trying to kill two others is to stand trial in May.
Jaswinder Singh, 47, allegedly killed 31-year-old Harbarjan Singh near Buckingham Road Cemetery in Ilford.
Two other men, Jit Singh and Harteerth Singh, were also discovered with serious injuries earlier that day.
Jaswinder Singh appeared by video link from prison for a plea and case management hearing at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
He pleaded not guilty to one count of murder and two counts of attempted murder “on or about” September 9.
You may also want to watch:
The defendant, of Town Road, Edmonton, was remanded in custody.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients