Man accused of murdering Ilford rough sleeper to stand trial
A MAN accused of battering a homeless man to death and trying to kill two others is to stand trial in May.
Jaswinder Singh, 47, allegedly killed 31-year-old Harbarjan Singh near Buckingham Road Cemetery in Ilford.
Two other men, Jit Singh and Harteerth Singh, were also discovered with serious injuries earlier that day.
Jaswinder Singh appeared by video link from prison for a plea and case management hearing at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
He pleaded not guilty to one count of murder and two counts of attempted murder “on or about” September 9.
You may also want to watch:
The defendant, of Town Road, Edmonton, was remanded in custody.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London