Man accused of carjackings at Redbridge cemeteries
A carjacker waited in cemeteries to steal mourners’ vehicles as they laid flowers on their relatives’ graves, a court heard.
Frank Brooks, 29, targeted bereaved families during a crime spree which saw him drive away in 22 different cars, it was said.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard today he would also place obstacles such as bins in the middle of roads and lie in wait for motorists to get out and move them.
He would then jump into the driver’s seat a speed off, it was alleged.
During a robbery at Chigwell Cemetery off Manor Road, the owner of a car was dragged along as he desperately clung on to the door handle.
You may also want to watch:
Four other thefts were committed at Barkingside Cemetery, Longwood Gardens, Barkingside.
Heidi Stonecliff, prosecuting, said Brooks, of Monk Drive, Canning Town plotted with his girlfriend Frankie Pellici, 30, of Buckingham Court, Romford, to steal the cars.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 8 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
She drove him to the scenes of the thefts and robberies, it is claimed.
Brooks denies conspiracy to steal and seven counts of robbery while Pellicci also denies the conspiracy charge.
The court heard that Brooks has pleaded guilty to a further offence of handling stolen goods after police found bundles of stolen lottery scratch cards when they raided the couple’s home. Pellicci denies the same charge.
The trial continues.