Man, 58, arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A 58-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in Ilford.
Police were called to reports of a deceased woman at an address on Staines Road at 6pm yesterday (February 13).
They gained entry and found a woman, 54, unresponsive having suffered serious head injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Formal identification awaits and a post mortem examination will be held in due course.
Officers from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command have launched a murder investigation.
- 1 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 2 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 8 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 9 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 10 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
The man arrested on suspicion of murder is in custody at an east London police station.
A crime scene remains in place at the address.
Detective Inspector John Marriott is leading the investigation.
He said: “While we have a male in custody, our investigation is still in its very early stages and enquiries are ongoing.
We would ask anyone who has any information to contact our incident room on 020 8345 3715 quoting reference 5470/13FEB.”
Alternatively, call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC.
Information can also be given anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.