Man, 58, arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A 58-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in Ilford.
Police were called to reports of a deceased woman at an address on Staines Road at 6pm yesterday (February 13).
They gained entry and found a woman, 54, unresponsive having suffered serious head injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Next of kin have been informed.
Formal identification awaits and a post mortem examination will be held in due course.
Officers from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command have launched a murder investigation.
- 1 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 8 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 9 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
- 10 Second Redbridge care home struck by fire caused by discarded cigarettes
The man arrested on suspicion of murder is in custody at an east London police station.
A crime scene remains in place at the address.
Detective Inspector John Marriott is leading the investigation.
He said: “While we have a male in custody, our investigation is still in its very early stages and enquiries are ongoing.
We would ask anyone who has any information to contact our incident room on 020 8345 3715 quoting reference 5470/13FEB.”
Alternatively, call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC.
Information can also be given anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.