Man, 58, arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A 58-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in Ilford.
Police were called to reports of a deceased woman at an address on Staines Road at 6pm yesterday (February 13).
They gained entry and found a woman, 54, unresponsive having suffered serious head injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Formal identification awaits and a post mortem examination will be held in due course.
Officers from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command have launched a murder investigation.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 7 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 8 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
The man arrested on suspicion of murder is in custody at an east London police station.
A crime scene remains in place at the address.
Detective Inspector John Marriott is leading the investigation.
He said: “While we have a male in custody, our investigation is still in its very early stages and enquiries are ongoing.
We would ask anyone who has any information to contact our incident room on 020 8345 3715 quoting reference 5470/13FEB.”
Alternatively, call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC.
Information can also be given anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.