Man, 25, charged with rape of 18-year-old woman in Wanstead park
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old man has been charged with the rape of 18-year-old woman in a Wanstead park.
Motuir Rahman, 25, of no fixed abode appeared in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday (February 14).
He was charged with two counts of rape, one count of attempted rape, one count of sexual assault and one count of theft.
Rahman was arrested following an incident in the vicinity of Roding Valley Park on February 7.
Officers were called to Nutter Lane at around 9.15am to reports of an alleged rape nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Rahman was remanded in custody to next appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 14.
The investigating officer DS Fedder said “I would like to thank the public for their support in relation to this matter and praise the victim for her courage in coming forward.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Gants Hill care worker's daughter wins Bafta
- 8 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
We treat all reports of sexual offences seriously and will do all we can to bring offenders to justice.”
If anybody has any further information in relation to this incident, please contact police via 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting “Operation Gallimore.”