Man, 25, charged with rape of 18-year-old woman in Wanstead park
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old man has been charged with the rape of 18-year-old woman in a Wanstead park.
Motuir Rahman, 25, of no fixed abode appeared in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday (February 14).
He was charged with two counts of rape, one count of attempted rape, one count of sexual assault and one count of theft.
Rahman was arrested following an incident in the vicinity of Roding Valley Park on February 7.
Officers were called to Nutter Lane at around 9.15am to reports of an alleged rape nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Rahman was remanded in custody to next appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 14.
The investigating officer DS Fedder said “I would like to thank the public for their support in relation to this matter and praise the victim for her courage in coming forward.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 3 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
We treat all reports of sexual offences seriously and will do all we can to bring offenders to justice.”
If anybody has any further information in relation to this incident, please contact police via 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting “Operation Gallimore.”