Man, 25, charged with rape of 18-year-old woman in Wanstead park
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old man has been charged with the rape of 18-year-old woman in a Wanstead park.
Motuir Rahman, 25, of no fixed abode appeared in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday (February 14).
He was charged with two counts of rape, one count of attempted rape, one count of sexual assault and one count of theft.
Rahman was arrested following an incident in the vicinity of Roding Valley Park on February 7.
Officers were called to Nutter Lane at around 9.15am to reports of an alleged rape nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Rahman was remanded in custody to next appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 14.
The investigating officer DS Fedder said “I would like to thank the public for their support in relation to this matter and praise the victim for her courage in coming forward.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 9 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
We treat all reports of sexual offences seriously and will do all we can to bring offenders to justice.”
If anybody has any further information in relation to this incident, please contact police via 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting “Operation Gallimore.”