Man, 25, charged with rape of 18-year-old woman in Wanstead park
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old man has been charged with the rape of 18-year-old woman in a Wanstead park.
Motuir Rahman, 25, of no fixed abode appeared in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday (February 14).
He was charged with two counts of rape, one count of attempted rape, one count of sexual assault and one count of theft.
Rahman was arrested following an incident in the vicinity of Roding Valley Park on February 7.
Officers were called to Nutter Lane at around 9.15am to reports of an alleged rape nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Rahman was remanded in custody to next appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on March 14.
The investigating officer DS Fedder said “I would like to thank the public for their support in relation to this matter and praise the victim for her courage in coming forward.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
We treat all reports of sexual offences seriously and will do all we can to bring offenders to justice.”
If anybody has any further information in relation to this incident, please contact police via 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting “Operation Gallimore.”