London Bridge attack: Police search second address in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A road in Ilford has been cordoned off as officers from the Met Police’s Counter Terrorism Command investigating the London Bridge terror attack search a property.
Officers from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command, supported by the Territorial Support Group, entered the building at 1.30am.
A Recorder reporter is now at the scene as police have set up a cordon around a house in Christchurch Road, Ilford,
An 18-year-old eyewitness who lives along the road said she heard a loud bang in the middle of the night.
She said: “There was a loud bang on the door and it woke us up.
You may also want to watch:
“There was about 10 police officers armed with batons outside and three police vans.
“There wasn’t too much noise except when they entered the house.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 4 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
“I wasn’t scared, just surprised.”
This search was in connection with Saturday’s attack where Youssef Zaghba, 22, Khuram Butt, 27, and Rachid Redouane, 30, killed seven and injured many others.
They drove a van into pedestrians on the pavement at London Bridge, before attacking people with knives by Borough Market.
All three were shot dead by the security services.
It is understood that Zaghba, a Italian national of Moroccan descent, was an Ilford resident.
Yesterday an address in Fairfield Road, Ilford, was raided by police, and a cordon was in place for most of the day.
It is unknown whether this is Zaghba’s address, or connected with the property raided by officers this morning.
The other two attackers lived in nearby Barking.