Loaded guns and class A drugs found in Woodford Green raid
A police raid which led to the discovery of loaded guns and class A drugs has resulted in two men being jailed.
The raid, in The Roses, Woodford Green, took place in May last year after police received a tipoff.
Granville Freckleton, 32 and Otis Lewis, 28 were each found guilty of three counts of possession of a firearm, one count of possessing ammunition and one count of possessing prohibited ammunition.
There were also found guilty of possessing class A drugs.
Det Ch Insp Gary Bruce said: ““It has led to the imprisonment of two dangerous offenders and removal of three lethal firearms from the borough of Redbridge – weapons which would undoubtedly have been used to commit acts of serious violence.”
You may also want to watch:
Freckleton of Mandeville Court, Chingford was jailed for 12 years and Lewis, of Selkirk, Haringey for 11 years.
They were sentenced yesterday at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 10 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?