Loaded guns and class A drugs found in Woodford Green raid
A police raid which led to the discovery of loaded guns and class A drugs has resulted in two men being jailed.
The raid, in The Roses, Woodford Green, took place in May last year after police received a tipoff.
Granville Freckleton, 32 and Otis Lewis, 28 were each found guilty of three counts of possession of a firearm, one count of possessing ammunition and one count of possessing prohibited ammunition.
There were also found guilty of possessing class A drugs.
Det Ch Insp Gary Bruce said: ““It has led to the imprisonment of two dangerous offenders and removal of three lethal firearms from the borough of Redbridge – weapons which would undoubtedly have been used to commit acts of serious violence.”
You may also want to watch:
Freckleton of Mandeville Court, Chingford was jailed for 12 years and Lewis, of Selkirk, Haringey for 11 years.
They were sentenced yesterday at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list