Loaded guns and class A drugs found in Woodford Green raid
A police raid which led to the discovery of loaded guns and class A drugs has resulted in two men being jailed.
The raid, in The Roses, Woodford Green, took place in May last year after police received a tipoff.
Granville Freckleton, 32 and Otis Lewis, 28 were each found guilty of three counts of possession of a firearm, one count of possessing ammunition and one count of possessing prohibited ammunition.
There were also found guilty of possessing class A drugs.
Det Ch Insp Gary Bruce said: ““It has led to the imprisonment of two dangerous offenders and removal of three lethal firearms from the borough of Redbridge – weapons which would undoubtedly have been used to commit acts of serious violence.”
You may also want to watch:
Freckleton of Mandeville Court, Chingford was jailed for 12 years and Lewis, of Selkirk, Haringey for 11 years.
They were sentenced yesterday at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 7 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 8 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'