Appeal to trace man after sex assault on Liverpool Street to Goodmayes train
- Credit: BTP
A woman was sexually assaulted on a train between Liverpool Street and Goodmayes and police are appealing to trace a man in connection with the incident.
On Tuesday, May 11 at 7pm, a man sat next to the woman on the train, trying to engage her in conversation while she ignored him.
He then sexually assaulted her and followed her off the train at Goodmayes.
British Transport Police (BTP) said the woman escaped and found a member of staff at the station.
The man then boarded a southbound train.
Officers think the man pictured may have information which could help their investigation.
If you recognise him or have any information, contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 481 of 11/05/21.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 9 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 10 Waiting almost over as business award winners to be revealed
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.