Appeal to trace man after sex assault on Liverpool Street to Goodmayes train
- Credit: BTP
A woman was sexually assaulted on a train between Liverpool Street and Goodmayes and police are appealing to trace a man in connection with the incident.
On Tuesday, May 11 at 7pm, a man sat next to the woman on the train, trying to engage her in conversation while she ignored him.
He then sexually assaulted her and followed her off the train at Goodmayes.
British Transport Police (BTP) said the woman escaped and found a member of staff at the station.
The man then boarded a southbound train.
Officers think the man pictured may have information which could help their investigation.
If you recognise him or have any information, contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 481 of 11/05/21.
- 1 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 2 'Truly inspiring' journalist returns to school to tell her story to students
- 3 Colleagues pay final farewell to 'well loved' motorbike paramedic
- 4 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 5 Redbridge Conservatives choose new leader
- 6 Chadwell Heath schoolchildren raise hundreds of pounds during awareness week
- 7 40 firefighters tackle blaze after boiler catches on fire
- 8 Mayor's special visit to successful women's walking initiative in Redbridge
- 9 Woman arrested after crashing in garden wall in Woodford Green
- 10 'Significant increase’ in clinical care incidents reported by BHRUT, says new report
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.