Appeal to trace man after sex assault on Liverpool Street to Goodmayes train
- Credit: BTP
A woman was sexually assaulted on a train between Liverpool Street and Goodmayes and police are appealing to trace a man in connection with the incident.
On Tuesday, May 11 at 7pm, a man sat next to the woman on the train, trying to engage her in conversation while she ignored him.
He then sexually assaulted her and followed her off the train at Goodmayes.
British Transport Police (BTP) said the woman escaped and found a member of staff at the station.
The man then boarded a southbound train.
Officers think the man pictured may have information which could help their investigation.
If you recognise him or have any information, contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 481 of 11/05/21.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 10 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.