Leytonstone ‘terror’ attack: Central Line running again after man stabbed at Tube station
- Credit: PA
Central Line services through Redbridge are running normally following last night’s alleged terror attack at Leytonstone Tube Station.
A man wielding a machete stabbed another man inside the station while reportedly shouting “This is for Syria”.
Police confirmed they were treating the attack as a “terrorist incident”.
A man, believed to be aged 56, suffered serious knife wounds and was rushed to hospital after the incident, while two other people sustained minor injuries in the attack.
The alleged knifeman was Tasered by police and arrested just before 7.15pm. He was taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Did you witness the attack? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 4 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Wanstead Market set to re-open