Leytonstone ‘terror’ attack: Central Line running again after man stabbed at Tube station
- Credit: PA
Central Line services through Redbridge are running normally following last night’s alleged terror attack at Leytonstone Tube Station.
A man wielding a machete stabbed another man inside the station while reportedly shouting “This is for Syria”.
Police confirmed they were treating the attack as a “terrorist incident”.
A man, believed to be aged 56, suffered serious knife wounds and was rushed to hospital after the incident, while two other people sustained minor injuries in the attack.
The alleged knifeman was Tasered by police and arrested just before 7.15pm. He was taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Did you witness the attack? Email email@example.com.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 5 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence