Ley Street fire: Police charge man, 27
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man has appeared in court in connection with a huge fire at an industrial park.
Vikram Singh, of Green Lane, Goodmayes, appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on March 23.
Three people managed to escape the fire in Gigi Motors, Ley Street, in Ilford, in February.
One was taken to hospital and treated for “life-changing” burns, police said at the time.
Mr Singh was arrested on March 12 and charged with arson with intent and grievous bodily harm the next day.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court again on June 15.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 10 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead