Ley Street fire: Police charge man, 27
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man has appeared in court in connection with a huge fire at an industrial park.
Vikram Singh, of Green Lane, Goodmayes, appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on March 23.
Three people managed to escape the fire in Gigi Motors, Ley Street, in Ilford, in February.
One was taken to hospital and treated for “life-changing” burns, police said at the time.
Mr Singh was arrested on March 12 and charged with arson with intent and grievous bodily harm the next day.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court again on June 15.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 3 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences