Ley Street fire: Police charge man, 27
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man has appeared in court in connection with a huge fire at an industrial park.
Vikram Singh, of Green Lane, Goodmayes, appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on March 23.
Three people managed to escape the fire in Gigi Motors, Ley Street, in Ilford, in February.
One was taken to hospital and treated for “life-changing” burns, police said at the time.
Mr Singh was arrested on March 12 and charged with arson with intent and grievous bodily harm the next day.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court again on June 15.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays