Ley Street fire: Police charge man, 27
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man has appeared in court in connection with a huge fire at an industrial park.
Vikram Singh, of Green Lane, Goodmayes, appeared at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on March 23.
Three people managed to escape the fire in Gigi Motors, Ley Street, in Ilford, in February.
One was taken to hospital and treated for “life-changing” burns, police said at the time.
Mr Singh was arrested on March 12 and charged with arson with intent and grievous bodily harm the next day.
He is due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court again on June 15.
- 1 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 5 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 6 Almost 3,000 Barts Health hospital staff yet to have Covid jab, figures show
- 7 TfL welcomes RMT decision to suspend first round of strike action
- 8 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 9 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 10 Votes set to be cast for borough's next youth parliament members