Lerone Boye who murdered Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford escapes from secure mental unit
- Credit: Archant
A man sentenced to 28 years in prison for murdering a 17-year-old has escaped from a mental health centre.
Lerone Michael Boye, 27, of Henley Road, Ilford escaped from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton about 2pm this afternoon.
Boye was sentenced in December for murdering Kelvin Chibueze who collapsed in a car park outside the Lidl supermarket off High Road, Ilford, after being repeatedly stabbed with a foot-long blade in August last year.
Boye is described as black man, approximately 5ft 10in tall with a slim build and short black hair.
He has a horseshoe shaped scar on his right cheek and a goatee beard.
You may also want to watch:
Boye was last seen wearing grey jogging bottoms and grey or blue sweatshirt with a grey vest over the top and is known to have links to the Ilford area.
If you see him do not approach him but call 999, or if you have information on his whereabouts but wish to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines