Lerone Boye who murdered Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford escapes from secure mental unit
- Credit: Archant
A man sentenced to 28 years in prison for murdering a 17-year-old has escaped from a mental health centre.
Lerone Michael Boye, 27, of Henley Road, Ilford escaped from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton about 2pm this afternoon.
Boye was sentenced in December for murdering Kelvin Chibueze who collapsed in a car park outside the Lidl supermarket off High Road, Ilford, after being repeatedly stabbed with a foot-long blade in August last year.
Boye is described as black man, approximately 5ft 10in tall with a slim build and short black hair.
He has a horseshoe shaped scar on his right cheek and a goatee beard.
You may also want to watch:
Boye was last seen wearing grey jogging bottoms and grey or blue sweatshirt with a grey vest over the top and is known to have links to the Ilford area.
If you see him do not approach him but call 999, or if you have information on his whereabouts but wish to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council