Lerone Boye who murdered Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford escapes from secure mental unit
- Credit: Archant
A man sentenced to 28 years in prison for murdering a 17-year-old has escaped from a mental health centre.
Lerone Michael Boye, 27, of Henley Road, Ilford escaped from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton about 2pm this afternoon.
Boye was sentenced in December for murdering Kelvin Chibueze who collapsed in a car park outside the Lidl supermarket off High Road, Ilford, after being repeatedly stabbed with a foot-long blade in August last year.
Boye is described as black man, approximately 5ft 10in tall with a slim build and short black hair.
He has a horseshoe shaped scar on his right cheek and a goatee beard.
You may also want to watch:
Boye was last seen wearing grey jogging bottoms and grey or blue sweatshirt with a grey vest over the top and is known to have links to the Ilford area.
If you see him do not approach him but call 999, or if you have information on his whereabouts but wish to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments