Lee Scott MP leads call for audio-visual announcements on new buses
- Credit: Archant
Lee Scott MP has called for the need for audio-visual announcements (AV) on all new buses to help blind people navigate the bus network.
Seven out of 10 bus passengers with sight loss have been forgotten by a bus driver, according to statistics.
Mr Scott said: “I know from constituents the importance of audio-visual announcements to individuals with sight loss.
“The reassurance of knowing exactly where they are and when their stop is reached boosts confidence and encourages bus use.”
The Ilford North MP has served as a member on the Health Select Committee and the Transport Select Committee in Parliament.
You may also want to watch:
He has also fundraised for several charities.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 7 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 10 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death