Lee Scott MP leads call for audio-visual announcements on new buses
- Credit: Archant
Lee Scott MP has called for the need for audio-visual announcements (AV) on all new buses to help blind people navigate the bus network.
Seven out of 10 bus passengers with sight loss have been forgotten by a bus driver, according to statistics.
Mr Scott said: “I know from constituents the importance of audio-visual announcements to individuals with sight loss.
“The reassurance of knowing exactly where they are and when their stop is reached boosts confidence and encourages bus use.”
The Ilford North MP has served as a member on the Health Select Committee and the Transport Select Committee in Parliament.
You may also want to watch:
He has also fundraised for several charities.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford