Lee Scott MP leads call for audio-visual announcements on new buses
- Credit: Archant
Lee Scott MP has called for the need for audio-visual announcements (AV) on all new buses to help blind people navigate the bus network.
Seven out of 10 bus passengers with sight loss have been forgotten by a bus driver, according to statistics.
Mr Scott said: “I know from constituents the importance of audio-visual announcements to individuals with sight loss.
“The reassurance of knowing exactly where they are and when their stop is reached boosts confidence and encourages bus use.”
The Ilford North MP has served as a member on the Health Select Committee and the Transport Select Committee in Parliament.
You may also want to watch:
He has also fundraised for several charities.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station