Knife wielding men still at large after police chase from Woodford Green to Chigwell
- Credit: MPS
Police chased knife wielding men from Woodford Green to Chigwell after they failed to stop.
Officers were called to reports of a fight in Bramley Close, Woodford Green at 10.50pm on bank holiday Monday.
They were told that a fight had broken out between a group of men and some of them were armed with bladed weapons.
The men then got into a dark red vehicle and borough and specialist police officers were given authorisation to pursuit the group when they failed to stop.
The car finally pulled over in Copperfield, Chigwell, and three suspects made off on foot.
“The area was searched by officers with the assistance of the Met’s Dog Unit and the National Police Air Service but the suspects were not located,” a Met Police spokesman said.
“A large knife and a small bag of cannabis were recovered from the car - another knife was found at the scene.”
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 3 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 4 Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- 5 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
If you saw what happened or you have any information about the fight and those involved, please call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.