Knife wielding men still at large after police chase from Woodford Green to Chigwell
- Credit: MPS
Police chased knife wielding men from Woodford Green to Chigwell after they failed to stop.
Officers were called to reports of a fight in Bramley Close, Woodford Green at 10.50pm on bank holiday Monday.
They were told that a fight had broken out between a group of men and some of them were armed with bladed weapons.
The men then got into a dark red vehicle and borough and specialist police officers were given authorisation to pursuit the group when they failed to stop.
The car finally pulled over in Copperfield, Chigwell, and three suspects made off on foot.
You may also want to watch:
“The area was searched by officers with the assistance of the Met’s Dog Unit and the National Police Air Service but the suspects were not located,” a Met Police spokesman said.
“A large knife and a small bag of cannabis were recovered from the car - another knife was found at the scene.”
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
If you saw what happened or you have any information about the fight and those involved, please call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.