Knife wielding men still at large after police chase from Woodford Green to Chigwell
- Credit: MPS
Police chased knife wielding men from Woodford Green to Chigwell after they failed to stop.
Officers were called to reports of a fight in Bramley Close, Woodford Green at 10.50pm on bank holiday Monday.
They were told that a fight had broken out between a group of men and some of them were armed with bladed weapons.
The men then got into a dark red vehicle and borough and specialist police officers were given authorisation to pursuit the group when they failed to stop.
The car finally pulled over in Copperfield, Chigwell, and three suspects made off on foot.
You may also want to watch:
“The area was searched by officers with the assistance of the Met’s Dog Unit and the National Police Air Service but the suspects were not located,” a Met Police spokesman said.
“A large knife and a small bag of cannabis were recovered from the car - another knife was found at the scene.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
If you saw what happened or you have any information about the fight and those involved, please call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.