Knife wielding men still at large after police chase from Woodford Green to Chigwell
- Credit: MPS
Police chased knife wielding men from Woodford Green to Chigwell after they failed to stop.
Officers were called to reports of a fight in Bramley Close, Woodford Green at 10.50pm on bank holiday Monday.
They were told that a fight had broken out between a group of men and some of them were armed with bladed weapons.
The men then got into a dark red vehicle and borough and specialist police officers were given authorisation to pursuit the group when they failed to stop.
The car finally pulled over in Copperfield, Chigwell, and three suspects made off on foot.
You may also want to watch:
“The area was searched by officers with the assistance of the Met’s Dog Unit and the National Police Air Service but the suspects were not located,” a Met Police spokesman said.
“A large knife and a small bag of cannabis were recovered from the car - another knife was found at the scene.”
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 7 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
If you saw what happened or you have any information about the fight and those involved, please call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.