Jury deliberating verdict in Ilford murder trial
- Credit: Met Police
The jury in the trial of three men accused of murdering 19-year-old Abdi Sheikhey in Ilford have been sent out to begin their deliberations.
Her Honour Judge Anuja Ravindra Dhir completed her summing up of the case this morning before sending out the jury to consider their verdicts.
At the beginning of the trial at the Old Bailey, the jury heard that the gunman emerged from a white BMW X4- which pulled alongside Abdi - while he was sat in the passenger seat of the stationary car.
He then went up to the side window and fired seven shots using a gun, which appeared to be a self-loading pistol.
At the post mortem, an X-ray indicated that Abdi had been shot five times and two bullets had remained in his body.
You may also want to watch:
The court had heard that the fatal shooting was allegedly a “revenge” attack following a knife fight in a chicken shop.
Sami Omar, 21, and Suleman Mohamed, 20, both of Kingston Road, Ilford, as well as Jordi Kibusi, 20, of Wisteria Close, Ilford are jointly on trial for murder, which they all deny.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 5 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 10 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
The trial continues - check the Recorder website for the latest update.