Jogger dies after being hit by car in Chigwell Rise
- Credit: Archant
A jogger has died after being hit by a car yesterday (Sunday) morning.
The woman in her 40s, from Woodford, died at the scene after the crash just after 8am at Chigwell Rise, Chigwell.
Police said the car involved was a blue Skoda, which then collided with a tree.
Passengers in the vehicle were treated for slight injuries and the 18-year-old driver was arrested in connection with the crash.
He was bailed until September 5 pending further enquiries.
The road was closed for five hours while initial forensic investigations were carried out.
Witnesses or anyone with information about events leading to the incident should contact the Essex Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 7 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 10 Waiting almost over as business award winners to be revealed
Did you know the victim? Contact the Recorder on 0208 477 3858 to share your tributes.