Jewellery shop owner in gun terror raid vows to carry on
- Credit: Archant
A grandmother who was held up at gunpoint in her jewellery shop by two men dressed as couriers has said she “won’t let them win”.
Tracy Brooks, who has owned Brooks Jewellery Services with husband Russell for 12 years, was in the shop in Atherton Road, Clayhall, on Saturday at around 5pm when the robbery happened.
The 51-year-old said: “I’m really angry. They think they can come in here and do whatever they like.
“I don’t think they have a conscience.”
Mrs Brooks said she had a “terrible feeling” leading up to the robbery, but when a man dressed in a high-vis jacket and white cycle helmet pressed the shop’s buzzer, she let him in.
“The man was dressed as a courier. He sort of smiled at me to say ‘can I come in?’ and then another man followed,” she said. “They pulled up balaclavas and took a gun out.”
Mrs Brooks said the robbers locked her in the bathroom while they ransacked the shop, taking £5,000 of diamond rings, silver necklaces and bracelets.
- 1 Dagenham man in court over Zara Aleena murder
- 2 Zara Aleena: Man charged with Ilford murder
- 3 Vigil to be held this Saturday for 'pure of heart' Zara Aleena
- 4 'A joy to us all': Zara Aleena's family pay tribute after 'sickening' death
- 5 Woodford Green man in court over six-car pile-up
- 6 Tributes paid to law graduate murdered as she walked home in Ilford
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 8 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 9 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 10 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
Now she wants to warn other business owners in the area to be vigilant.
The mother of three, who lives in Clayhall, said: “This has really knocked us for six, but I won’t let them win. It won’t stop me going in the shop.
“I just want people to know these guys are out there and they’ve got a big gun.”
Anyone with any information about the robbery should call Redbridge Police on 101.