Police appeal for information on series of linked sexual assaults in Wanstead
- Credit: MPS
Police are appealing to the public for information about a series of linked sexual assaults in Wanstead.
Between 2pm and 6pm yesterday (September 17) a male exposed himself and sexually assaulted at least two females in the Roding Valley Park area.
He was seen in the park and on the walkways alongside the River Roding, near to Charlie Brown’s roundabout.
The man is described as black, with brown eyes and a slim build.
He is between 5ft10 and 6ft tall and 17 to 25 years old.
At the time of the offences he was wearing dark clothing and a black durag - a type of head covering.
Det Insp Iqbal, who is leading the investigation, said: “I urge anyone with any information, or who witnessed any of these incidents, to please make contact with my team.”
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 2 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 6 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 7 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 8 Man collapses as two arrested following Cranbrook Road crash
- 9 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 10 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
He also encouraged any other victims to come forward to police, promising that a “dedicated and specialist team” is there to help.
If you have any information please call the police and quote reference number 4226067/20.
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.