Police appeal for information on series of linked sexual assaults in Wanstead
- Credit: MPS
Police are appealing to the public for information about a series of linked sexual assaults in Wanstead.
Between 2pm and 6pm yesterday (September 17) a male exposed himself and sexually assaulted at least two females in the Roding Valley Park area.
He was seen in the park and on the walkways alongside the River Roding, near to Charlie Brown’s roundabout.
The man is described as black, with brown eyes and a slim build.
He is between 5ft10 and 6ft tall and 17 to 25 years old.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of the offences he was wearing dark clothing and a black durag - a type of head covering.
Det Insp Iqbal, who is leading the investigation, said: “I urge anyone with any information, or who witnessed any of these incidents, to please make contact with my team.”
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 8 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
He also encouraged any other victims to come forward to police, promising that a “dedicated and specialist team” is there to help.
If you have any information please call the police and quote reference number 4226067/20.
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.