Imran Isat named as victim of fatal Newbury Park stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
The victim of the fatal stabbing in Newbury Park at the weekend has been named by police as Imran Isat.
Two men who had been arrested in connection with his death have been released without further action, Scotland Yard said.
Despite treatment from London Ambulance Service paramedics, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination on Sunday (March 20) found Mr Isat’s cause of death was shock and haemorrhage from a stab wound to the chest.
Following the release of the two men, homicide detectives from the Met’s specialist crime command have renewed appeals for information and witnesses.
Mr Isat’s family are being supported by specialist officers, according to the Met Police.
Anyone with information can contact police on 101, quoting CAD466/19Mar.
- 1 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 4 Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- 5 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
- 6 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 7 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Met investigates cause of Mossford Green cemetery blaze
- 9 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 10 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
Alternatively, information can provided anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.