Images of 20 Redbridge looting suspects released – can you ID them?
A team of officers charged with bringing to justice the looters who vandalised parts of Redbridge two months ago say they are going “full steam ahead” as they call on the public’s help in finding 20 suspects.
The faces were captured by CCTV cameras, which filmed hours of footage across the borough as streets were taken over by thugs and shops were targeted on August 8 and 9.
In the midst of the London-wide riots, areas as far apart as Ilford and Hainault were targeted by criminals.
Redbridge Police have now arrested 100 people in connection with the disorder, with 66 of those charged.
“The response we’ve had so far has been fantastic,” said Det Sgt Brett Hagen.
“Teachers, probation officers, parents – we’ve received IDs from all these different groups.
“And the Ilford Recorder has played no small part.”
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 5 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 6 Labour wins Mayfield seats in delayed election
- 7 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 9 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 10 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
He added: “Once they see the CCTV footage, the majority of suspects realise that it’s clearly them and they’re forced to plead guilty.”
The 20 images released this week, some of which have previously been published in the Recorder, are among the clearest police have.
In all, about 50 people are still wanted by officers.
Mr Hagen said: “We’ve still got a CCTV inquiry team consisting of six people.
“There’s also my investigation and inquiry team which is made up of six detectives.
“And a small team is working on issuing ASBOs (antisocial behaviour orders) to each individual charged in relation with the riots.
“We’ve got in excess of 50 people to identify but we’re getting there and we’re going full steam ahead.”
He added: “I would urge people to come forward with as much information as they can.
“We will do our own research on each individual before taking any action.”
Anyone with information on the identities of those pictured should call 020 8345 2764 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting the number below the relevant image.
• To view the 20 images, click on the gallery link at the top right of this page.