Ilford whizz kid to mingle with the stars at House of Commons award gala
An Ilford whizz kid will mingle with the stars at a House of Commons gala on Wednesday after being nominated for an achievement award.
Adedapo Adelekan, of Perth Road, Ilford, is in the running for the London Schools and the Black Child Academic Achievement Awards.
Valentines High School student Adedapo got 10 A*s and four As in his GCSEs, some of which he took early.
The awards, hosted by Hackney MP Diane Abbott, aim to highlight high-achieving black students.
Ms Abbott said: “The evening is about celebrating high achieving black students in London, who are so often overlooked, giving them the recognition they deserve and the tools to go forward to successful careers.”
You may also want to watch:
Stars including Sir Trevor McDonald, rapper Wretch 32 and Olympic champion Christine Ohuruogu are expected to attend the evening.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim