Ilford whizz kid to mingle with the stars at House of Commons award gala
An Ilford whizz kid will mingle with the stars at a House of Commons gala on Wednesday after being nominated for an achievement award.
Adedapo Adelekan, of Perth Road, Ilford, is in the running for the London Schools and the Black Child Academic Achievement Awards.
Valentines High School student Adedapo got 10 A*s and four As in his GCSEs, some of which he took early.
The awards, hosted by Hackney MP Diane Abbott, aim to highlight high-achieving black students.
Ms Abbott said: “The evening is about celebrating high achieving black students in London, who are so often overlooked, giving them the recognition they deserve and the tools to go forward to successful careers.”
You may also want to watch:
Stars including Sir Trevor McDonald, rapper Wretch 32 and Olympic champion Christine Ohuruogu are expected to attend the evening.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman