Ilford whizz kid to mingle with the stars at House of Commons award gala
An Ilford whizz kid will mingle with the stars at a House of Commons gala on Wednesday after being nominated for an achievement award.
Adedapo Adelekan, of Perth Road, Ilford, is in the running for the London Schools and the Black Child Academic Achievement Awards.
Valentines High School student Adedapo got 10 A*s and four As in his GCSEs, some of which he took early.
The awards, hosted by Hackney MP Diane Abbott, aim to highlight high-achieving black students.
Ms Abbott said: “The evening is about celebrating high achieving black students in London, who are so often overlooked, giving them the recognition they deserve and the tools to go forward to successful careers.”
You may also want to watch:
Stars including Sir Trevor McDonald, rapper Wretch 32 and Olympic champion Christine Ohuruogu are expected to attend the evening.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford