Ilford town centre a ‘war zone’ after police find man, 22, with ‘life changing injuries’
Ilford High Road is closed today as detectives from London’s gang crime unit investigate an incident involving a man found seriously injured in a car.
One resident described the town centre as a “war zone” with a heavy police officer and paramedic presence in the immediate aftermath of the incident early this morning.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed they were called by the London Ambulance Service (LAS) to Ilford High Road at 4.57am.
He said: “Officers attended along with the LAS and found a 22-year-old man injured inside a car.
“He was taken to an east London hospital where he remains with life changing injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
One person has been arrested in relation to the incident and they are currently in custody at an east London police station.
Detectives from the Trident, the London-wide anti-gang crime task force, and Area Crime Command, are investigating.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 5 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 6 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 7 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact police on 101 or via Twitter @MetCC
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.