Ilford town centre a ‘war zone’ after police find man, 22, with ‘life changing injuries’
Ilford High Road is closed today as detectives from London’s gang crime unit investigate an incident involving a man found seriously injured in a car.
One resident described the town centre as a “war zone” with a heavy police officer and paramedic presence in the immediate aftermath of the incident early this morning.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed they were called by the London Ambulance Service (LAS) to Ilford High Road at 4.57am.
He said: “Officers attended along with the LAS and found a 22-year-old man injured inside a car.
“He was taken to an east London hospital where he remains with life changing injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
One person has been arrested in relation to the incident and they are currently in custody at an east London police station.
Detectives from the Trident, the London-wide anti-gang crime task force, and Area Crime Command, are investigating.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 3 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 6 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man taken to 'heart attack centre' after Barkingside crash
- 9 Man dies in hospital after Gants Hill fire
- 10 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact police on 101 or via Twitter @MetCC
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.