Ilford town centre a ‘war zone’ after police find man, 22, with ‘life changing injuries’
Ilford High Road is closed today as detectives from London’s gang crime unit investigate an incident involving a man found seriously injured in a car.
One resident described the town centre as a “war zone” with a heavy police officer and paramedic presence in the immediate aftermath of the incident early this morning.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed they were called by the London Ambulance Service (LAS) to Ilford High Road at 4.57am.
He said: “Officers attended along with the LAS and found a 22-year-old man injured inside a car.
“He was taken to an east London hospital where he remains with life changing injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
One person has been arrested in relation to the incident and they are currently in custody at an east London police station.
Detectives from the Trident, the London-wide anti-gang crime task force, and Area Crime Command, are investigating.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact police on 101 or via Twitter @MetCC
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.