Ilford teen admits killing commuter in Stratford station
- Credit: PA WIRE
A 17-year-old boy from Ilford has admitted killing a man in a rush hour attack at Stratford station.
John Francis Breen, 53, was found unconscious after the assault on October 27 last year.
Mr Breen was rushed to hospital but died from serious head injuries.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared before the Old Bailey today and pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
A 15-year-old boy, also from Ilford, admitted assaulting the same victim causing him actual bodily harm during the attack.
Both youths had been charged with murder but prosecutor Mukul Chawla QC accepted the pleas after careful consideration.
The prosecutor told the court that the murder charge should lie on file.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 5 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 6 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 7 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 8 Found: Missing girl who was believed to have travelled to east London
- 9 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 10 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
He said that the evidence in the case came from “fractured and partial” eyewitness accounts and “patchy” CCTV footage.
The critical moments were captured on film but at a distance. Judge Mark Lucraft QC said he would adjourn sentencing.