Teenager shot in the face in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been shot in the face in Ilford.
Armed officers and Redbridge police arrived at Mortlake Road at around 11.50pm yesterday (Saturday, December 8), after the London Ambulance Service (LAS) said they had reports of “a man shot”.
A 19-year-old teenager was found at the scene suffering from “gunshot injuries”.
As well as being shot in the face, he also had been shot in his hand and shoulder.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “He was taken by LAS to an east London hospital with non-life threatening and non-life changing injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“No arrests have been made.
“Officers from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating”.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge
If anyone has any information about the incident, call police on 101