Teenager shot in the face in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been shot in the face in Ilford.
Armed officers and Redbridge police arrived at Mortlake Road at around 11.50pm yesterday (Saturday, December 8), after the London Ambulance Service (LAS) said they had reports of “a man shot”.
A 19-year-old teenager was found at the scene suffering from “gunshot injuries”.
As well as being shot in the face, he also had been shot in his hand and shoulder.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “He was taken by LAS to an east London hospital with non-life threatening and non-life changing injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“No arrests have been made.
“Officers from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating”.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 5 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 6 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 7 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
If anyone has any information about the incident, call police on 101