Teenager shot in the face in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been shot in the face in Ilford.
Armed officers and Redbridge police arrived at Mortlake Road at around 11.50pm yesterday (Saturday, December 8), after the London Ambulance Service (LAS) said they had reports of “a man shot”.
A 19-year-old teenager was found at the scene suffering from “gunshot injuries”.
As well as being shot in the face, he also had been shot in his hand and shoulder.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “He was taken by LAS to an east London hospital with non-life threatening and non-life changing injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“No arrests have been made.
“Officers from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating”.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
If anyone has any information about the incident, call police on 101