Ilford sheltered housing murder trial to start
- Credit: MPS
A man accused of murdering two neighbours in an Ilford sheltered housing complex is to go on trial today at the Old Bailey.
Paul Mallin, 51, allegedly knifed John Down, 86, and his partner Karen Reid, 53, at Fernways in Cecil Road, Ilford, on September 5.
The trial was due to start on January 4, but had to be delayed to obtain additional reports.
Mr Mallin denies two counts of murder.
The trial is due to last for two weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Updates from the trial will be posted on the Recorder’s website daily.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London