Ilford sheltered housing murder trial to start
- Credit: MPS
A man accused of murdering two neighbours in an Ilford sheltered housing complex is to go on trial today at the Old Bailey.
Paul Mallin, 51, allegedly knifed John Down, 86, and his partner Karen Reid, 53, at Fernways in Cecil Road, Ilford, on September 5.
The trial was due to start on January 4, but had to be delayed to obtain additional reports.
Mr Mallin denies two counts of murder.
The trial is due to last for two weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Updates from the trial will be posted on the Recorder’s website daily.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation