Ilford sheltered housing murder trial to start
- Credit: MPS
A man accused of murdering two neighbours in an Ilford sheltered housing complex is to go on trial today at the Old Bailey.
Paul Mallin, 51, allegedly knifed John Down, 86, and his partner Karen Reid, 53, at Fernways in Cecil Road, Ilford, on September 5.
The trial was due to start on January 4, but had to be delayed to obtain additional reports.
Mr Mallin denies two counts of murder.
The trial is due to last for two weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Updates from the trial will be posted on the Recorder’s website daily.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 8 Councillor's year-long running challenge ends with £1.2k foodbank donation
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park