Ilford preacher Anjem Choudary denies terror offences
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
British preacher Anjem Choudary has gone on trial over speeches allegedly posted on YouTube.
The 49-year-old, of Hampton Road, Ilford, and his co-accused, Mohammed Rahman, 33, appeared in court yesterday accused of terror offences.
Mr Choudary and Mr Rahman were arrested on September 25 2014 and bailed.
Then on August 5 last year, they were charged with offences contrary to terrorism legislation based on the speeches published on YouTube.
Mr Choudary and Mr Rahman, of Sidney Street in Whitechapel, east London, deny the charges against them.
You may also want to watch:
Further details of the case cannot be reported for legal reasons. The trial continues.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 2 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack