Ilford preacher Anjem Choudary denies terror offences
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
British preacher Anjem Choudary has gone on trial over speeches allegedly posted on YouTube.
The 49-year-old, of Hampton Road, Ilford, and his co-accused, Mohammed Rahman, 33, appeared in court yesterday accused of terror offences.
Mr Choudary and Mr Rahman were arrested on September 25 2014 and bailed.
Then on August 5 last year, they were charged with offences contrary to terrorism legislation based on the speeches published on YouTube.
Mr Choudary and Mr Rahman, of Sidney Street in Whitechapel, east London, deny the charges against them.
You may also want to watch:
Further details of the case cannot be reported for legal reasons. The trial continues.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week