Ilford police seize knuckle duster, knives and cannabis in stop and search campaign
- Credit: Archant
A knuckle duster, knives and cannabis have all been seized as part of a police campaign in Ilford.
The items were retrieved by officers as part of Operation Sceptre - which is a Met wide operation.
A Met Police spokeswoman said that the initiative takes place across the year tackling knife crime and habitual knife carriers.
The last operation ended last week, (Sunday, February 18) however a police spokeswoman said that officers are committed to tackling knife crime at all times.
Ilford Town Police tweeted on Sunday, February 11 and said: “After finishing town centre duties we’ve been doing extra hours patrolling Clayhall, targeting those commiting crime in the ward.
You may also want to watch:
Police also tweeted a photo of the knuckleduster and said: “Stop and search is again showing how important it is in tackling violent crime.
“This has been taken off the streets, preventing serious injury being caused.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 7 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 10 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
“One person also in police custody.”