Ilford police seize knuckle duster, knives and cannabis in stop and search campaign
- Credit: Archant
A knuckle duster, knives and cannabis have all been seized as part of a police campaign in Ilford.
The items were retrieved by officers as part of Operation Sceptre - which is a Met wide operation.
A Met Police spokeswoman said that the initiative takes place across the year tackling knife crime and habitual knife carriers.
The last operation ended last week, (Sunday, February 18) however a police spokeswoman said that officers are committed to tackling knife crime at all times.
Ilford Town Police tweeted on Sunday, February 11 and said: “After finishing town centre duties we’ve been doing extra hours patrolling Clayhall, targeting those commiting crime in the ward.
You may also want to watch:
Police also tweeted a photo of the knuckleduster and said: “Stop and search is again showing how important it is in tackling violent crime.
“This has been taken off the streets, preventing serious injury being caused.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
“One person also in police custody.”