Ilford police seize knuckle duster, knives and cannabis in stop and search campaign
- Credit: Archant
A knuckle duster, knives and cannabis have all been seized as part of a police campaign in Ilford.
The items were retrieved by officers as part of Operation Sceptre - which is a Met wide operation.
A Met Police spokeswoman said that the initiative takes place across the year tackling knife crime and habitual knife carriers.
The last operation ended last week, (Sunday, February 18) however a police spokeswoman said that officers are committed to tackling knife crime at all times.
Ilford Town Police tweeted on Sunday, February 11 and said: “After finishing town centre duties we’ve been doing extra hours patrolling Clayhall, targeting those commiting crime in the ward.
You may also want to watch:
Police also tweeted a photo of the knuckleduster and said: “Stop and search is again showing how important it is in tackling violent crime.
“This has been taken off the streets, preventing serious injury being caused.
- 1 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 3 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 7 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 8 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 9 Fire damages Ilford flats
“One person also in police custody.”