Ilford police raid properties and search for weapons at train station
- Credit: Archant
Ilford police have been raiding Redbridge properties and searching people for weapons and illegal substances at Ilford train station as part of Operation Big Wing.
More than 4,500 officers across the capital have been targeting crimes such as domestic violence, drug misuse and the possession of weaponry.
Starting at 7am and joined by the Recorder, Pc Alex Goodman and James Fowles were two of several Redbridge officers who were ready to raid houses in the area for criminal activity.
As a result, a man was arrested for the possession and selling of cannabis from his home in Roding Lane North, Woodford Green, at around 11am.
This morning, a street briefing by Chief Insp John Fish took place outside of Redbridge Town Hall, in High Road, Ilford, where the public could get involved and ask questions to officers, as well as receiving advice on crime prevention.
You may also want to watch:
A knife arch and two drug dogs were set up in Ilford train station, searching for drugs or weapons.
Read a full report in next week’s Recorder.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 9 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 10 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge