Ilford police raid properties and search for weapons at train station
- Credit: Archant
Ilford police have been raiding Redbridge properties and searching people for weapons and illegal substances at Ilford train station as part of Operation Big Wing.
More than 4,500 officers across the capital have been targeting crimes such as domestic violence, drug misuse and the possession of weaponry.
Starting at 7am and joined by the Recorder, Pc Alex Goodman and James Fowles were two of several Redbridge officers who were ready to raid houses in the area for criminal activity.
As a result, a man was arrested for the possession and selling of cannabis from his home in Roding Lane North, Woodford Green, at around 11am.
This morning, a street briefing by Chief Insp John Fish took place outside of Redbridge Town Hall, in High Road, Ilford, where the public could get involved and ask questions to officers, as well as receiving advice on crime prevention.
You may also want to watch:
A knife arch and two drug dogs were set up in Ilford train station, searching for drugs or weapons.
Read a full report in next week’s Recorder.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 3 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 6 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap