Ilford police raid properties and search for weapons at train station
- Credit: Archant
Ilford police have been raiding Redbridge properties and searching people for weapons and illegal substances at Ilford train station as part of Operation Big Wing.
More than 4,500 officers across the capital have been targeting crimes such as domestic violence, drug misuse and the possession of weaponry.
Starting at 7am and joined by the Recorder, Pc Alex Goodman and James Fowles were two of several Redbridge officers who were ready to raid houses in the area for criminal activity.
As a result, a man was arrested for the possession and selling of cannabis from his home in Roding Lane North, Woodford Green, at around 11am.
This morning, a street briefing by Chief Insp John Fish took place outside of Redbridge Town Hall, in High Road, Ilford, where the public could get involved and ask questions to officers, as well as receiving advice on crime prevention.
You may also want to watch:
A knife arch and two drug dogs were set up in Ilford train station, searching for drugs or weapons.
Read a full report in next week’s Recorder.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge