Ilford pair jailed for the killing of Elm Park man Raja Ali in Dagenham
- Credit: Met Police
Two Ilford men were sentenced to ten years in prison for the killing of Raja Ali in Dagenham in 2016.
Haziq Raza, 24, of Meath Road and Navarda Rhooms, 26, from Eton Road were both sentenced to ten years imprisonment for manslaughter today (Tuesday, July 24) at The Old Bailey.
Both men were also sentenced to three years in prison for violent disorder after pleading guilty on June 5 on the first day of their trial.
The sentences will run concurrently.
Mr Ali, 33, from Elm Park was violently attacked by a group of people and was stabbed 13 times and attacked with weapons including a hammer, metal poles, baseball bats and at least one knife in Dagenham in September 2016.
You may also want to watch:
As detectives investigated the killing, Rhooms fled to New York and Raza fled to Pakistan.
Both were arrested on their return to the UK on January 2 and January 8 respectively.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
Two other men were found guilty of manslaughter on July, 3 2017 at the Old Bailey. They had both also pleaded guilty to violent disorder.
They are Abubaker Omar-Bana, 27 of Rochford Close in East Ham, who was sentenced to 15 years’ imprisonment, and Jordon Archambie, 22, of Hesketh Road in Forest Gate, who was jailed for 12 years.