Ilford noxious substance attack leaves man, aged in his 20s, in a critical condition
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for the public’s help to trace two men in connection with a noxious substance attack which took place in Ilford.
Officers received reports of an incident in which a man, aged in 20s, had a noxious substance thrown at him on Wednesday, June 13 at around 10pm.
The male was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical but stable condition.
The substance is believed to have been ammonia.
Police do not wish to release more specific details of where the incident took place at this time.
But they have released images of William Deo, 20, and Gavin Okwu-Brewis, 29, who they would like to speak to in connection with this offence.
They should not be approached by members of the public.
- 1 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 7 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 8 Dispersal order enforced in parts of Gants Hill, Clayhall and Barkingside
- 9 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 10 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
Anyone with information about their location is asked to call police on 999 quoting reference 8771/13 June.
Alternatively tweet @MetCC or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.