Ilford noxious substance attack leaves man, aged in his 20s, in a critical condition
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for the public’s help to trace two men in connection with a noxious substance attack which took place in Ilford.
Officers received reports of an incident in which a man, aged in 20s, had a noxious substance thrown at him on Wednesday, June 13 at around 10pm.
The male was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical but stable condition.
The substance is believed to have been ammonia.
Police do not wish to release more specific details of where the incident took place at this time.
You may also want to watch:
But they have released images of William Deo, 20, and Gavin Okwu-Brewis, 29, who they would like to speak to in connection with this offence.
They should not be approached by members of the public.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
Anyone with information about their location is asked to call police on 999 quoting reference 8771/13 June.
Alternatively tweet @MetCC or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.