Ilford noxious substance attack leaves man, aged in his 20s, in a critical condition
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for the public’s help to trace two men in connection with a noxious substance attack which took place in Ilford.
Officers received reports of an incident in which a man, aged in 20s, had a noxious substance thrown at him on Wednesday, June 13 at around 10pm.
The male was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical but stable condition.
The substance is believed to have been ammonia.
Police do not wish to release more specific details of where the incident took place at this time.
You may also want to watch:
But they have released images of William Deo, 20, and Gavin Okwu-Brewis, 29, who they would like to speak to in connection with this offence.
They should not be approached by members of the public.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 6 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 7 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
Anyone with information about their location is asked to call police on 999 quoting reference 8771/13 June.
Alternatively tweet @MetCC or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.