Ilford noxious substance attack leaves man, aged in his 20s, in a critical condition
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for the public’s help to trace two men in connection with a noxious substance attack which took place in Ilford.
Officers received reports of an incident in which a man, aged in 20s, had a noxious substance thrown at him on Wednesday, June 13 at around 10pm.
The male was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical but stable condition.
The substance is believed to have been ammonia.
Police do not wish to release more specific details of where the incident took place at this time.
You may also want to watch:
But they have released images of William Deo, 20, and Gavin Okwu-Brewis, 29, who they would like to speak to in connection with this offence.
They should not be approached by members of the public.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
Anyone with information about their location is asked to call police on 999 quoting reference 8771/13 June.
Alternatively tweet @MetCC or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.