Ilford North MP Lee Scott doing charity skydive for hospice
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford MP will throw himself out of a plane for charity later this year.
Luckily, Ilford North MP Lee Scott will be strapped to a professional when he does the skydive with fellow fundraisers for Saint Francis Hospice in June.
The hospice, based in Havering-atte-Bower, largely relies on charity donations and runs two skydives a year as part of its fundraising efforts.
Half of the money raised by Mr Scott’s jump will go to the hospice, and the other half to a scheme helping young people with special needs into work.
Mr Scott said he had never done anything like a skydive before.
You may also want to watch:
The Conservative MP added: “I’m scared stiff, I’m a coward by nature.
“But heights don’t bother me and everyone who has done it has told me it’s a fantastic experience.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
“I just want to give something back, the hospice does amazing work.”
Saint Francis supports people with lift-limiting illnesses from Havering, Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge and their families.
Chief executive Pam Court said: “He is definitely the first MP in our catchment area to do this for us – perhaps the others will follow suit!
“We’re extremely grateful for Lee’s support, and look forward to welcoming him back on terra firma after his jump.”
To sponsor Mr Scott’s skydive, visit www.justgiving.com/LeeScottMP.