Ilford North MP Lee Scott doing charity skydive for hospice
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford MP will throw himself out of a plane for charity later this year.
Luckily, Ilford North MP Lee Scott will be strapped to a professional when he does the skydive with fellow fundraisers for Saint Francis Hospice in June.
The hospice, based in Havering-atte-Bower, largely relies on charity donations and runs two skydives a year as part of its fundraising efforts.
Half of the money raised by Mr Scott’s jump will go to the hospice, and the other half to a scheme helping young people with special needs into work.
Mr Scott said he had never done anything like a skydive before.
The Conservative MP added: “I’m scared stiff, I’m a coward by nature.
“But heights don’t bother me and everyone who has done it has told me it’s a fantastic experience.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 6 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 7 TfL welcomes RMT decision to suspend first round of strike action
- 8 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 9 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 10 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
“I just want to give something back, the hospice does amazing work.”
Saint Francis supports people with lift-limiting illnesses from Havering, Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge and their families.
Chief executive Pam Court said: “He is definitely the first MP in our catchment area to do this for us – perhaps the others will follow suit!
“We’re extremely grateful for Lee’s support, and look forward to welcoming him back on terra firma after his jump.”
To sponsor Mr Scott’s skydive, visit www.justgiving.com/LeeScottMP.