Ilford murderers who shot rival in cold blood set to be sentenced today
- Credit: Archant
Three men are facing sentencing today after shooting a 19-year-old in Ilford earlier this year.
Abdi Sheikhey was gunned down while sitting in a hired black Mercedes E250, in Woodlands Road, just after 10pm on March 21.
Last month Sami Omar, 21, and Suleman Mohamed, 20, both of Kingston Road, Ilford, as well as Jordi Kibusi, 20, of Wisteria Close, Ilford, were all convicted of murder at the Old Bailey
The three men initially denied the offences but were found guilty by the jury on the sixth day of deliberation.
Technology, including the defendant’s phones, CCTV and a tracker on the BMW, placed the men using the car at the time of the shooting.
The night before his death, Abdi was seen threatening Omar with a knife in Chester Chicken Shop, Ilford Lane.
At the post mortem, an X-ray indicated that Abdi had been blasted five times and two bullets were still in his body.
- 1 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 2 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune
- 3 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Ex-police officer served for four years after being accused of 'sexual and physical assaults'
- 8 Appeal after motorcyclist killed in hit and run in Redbridge
- 9 How council teams tackle fly-tipping in Redbridge
- 10 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or approved in Redbridge
They will be sentenced at the Old Bailey this afternoon.