Ilford murderers who shot rival in cold blood set to be sentenced today
- Credit: Archant
Three men are facing sentencing today after shooting a 19-year-old in Ilford earlier this year.
Abdi Sheikhey was gunned down while sitting in a hired black Mercedes E250, in Woodlands Road, just after 10pm on March 21.
Last month Sami Omar, 21, and Suleman Mohamed, 20, both of Kingston Road, Ilford, as well as Jordi Kibusi, 20, of Wisteria Close, Ilford, were all convicted of murder at the Old Bailey
The three men initially denied the offences but were found guilty by the jury on the sixth day of deliberation.
Technology, including the defendant’s phones, CCTV and a tracker on the BMW, placed the men using the car at the time of the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
The night before his death, Abdi was seen threatening Omar with a knife in Chester Chicken Shop, Ilford Lane.
At the post mortem, an X-ray indicated that Abdi had been blasted five times and two bullets were still in his body.
- 1 Redbridge school's staff to strike over Covid working dispute
- 2 New entrance opened at Ilford Station to support Elizabeth line
- 3 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 4 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 5 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 6 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 7 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 8 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 9 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 10 Fire at block of maisonettes in Wanstead
They will be sentenced at the Old Bailey this afternoon.