Ilford murderers who shot rival in cold blood set to be sentenced today
- Credit: Archant
Three men are facing sentencing today after shooting a 19-year-old in Ilford earlier this year.
Abdi Sheikhey was gunned down while sitting in a hired black Mercedes E250, in Woodlands Road, just after 10pm on March 21.
Last month Sami Omar, 21, and Suleman Mohamed, 20, both of Kingston Road, Ilford, as well as Jordi Kibusi, 20, of Wisteria Close, Ilford, were all convicted of murder at the Old Bailey
The three men initially denied the offences but were found guilty by the jury on the sixth day of deliberation.
Technology, including the defendant’s phones, CCTV and a tracker on the BMW, placed the men using the car at the time of the shooting.
The night before his death, Abdi was seen threatening Omar with a knife in Chester Chicken Shop, Ilford Lane.
At the post mortem, an X-ray indicated that Abdi had been blasted five times and two bullets were still in his body.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 2 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 Man collapses as two arrested following Cranbrook Road crash
- 8 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 9 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 10 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
They will be sentenced at the Old Bailey this afternoon.