Ilford murderers who shot rival in cold blood set to be sentenced today
- Credit: Archant
Three men are facing sentencing today after shooting a 19-year-old in Ilford earlier this year.
Abdi Sheikhey was gunned down while sitting in a hired black Mercedes E250, in Woodlands Road, just after 10pm on March 21.
Last month Sami Omar, 21, and Suleman Mohamed, 20, both of Kingston Road, Ilford, as well as Jordi Kibusi, 20, of Wisteria Close, Ilford, were all convicted of murder at the Old Bailey
The three men initially denied the offences but were found guilty by the jury on the sixth day of deliberation.
Technology, including the defendant’s phones, CCTV and a tracker on the BMW, placed the men using the car at the time of the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
The night before his death, Abdi was seen threatening Omar with a knife in Chester Chicken Shop, Ilford Lane.
At the post mortem, an X-ray indicated that Abdi had been blasted five times and two bullets were still in his body.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 Political fight as council shifts money away from opposition party
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
They will be sentenced at the Old Bailey this afternoon.