Ilford murderers who shot rival in cold blood set to be sentenced today
- Credit: Archant
Three men are facing sentencing today after shooting a 19-year-old in Ilford earlier this year.
Abdi Sheikhey was gunned down while sitting in a hired black Mercedes E250, in Woodlands Road, just after 10pm on March 21.
Last month Sami Omar, 21, and Suleman Mohamed, 20, both of Kingston Road, Ilford, as well as Jordi Kibusi, 20, of Wisteria Close, Ilford, were all convicted of murder at the Old Bailey
The three men initially denied the offences but were found guilty by the jury on the sixth day of deliberation.
Technology, including the defendant’s phones, CCTV and a tracker on the BMW, placed the men using the car at the time of the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
The night before his death, Abdi was seen threatening Omar with a knife in Chester Chicken Shop, Ilford Lane.
At the post mortem, an X-ray indicated that Abdi had been blasted five times and two bullets were still in his body.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
They will be sentenced at the Old Bailey this afternoon.