Ilford murder: Victor Banjo Ogundunmade found with “unidentified” white powder
- Credit: Archant
The 27-year-old man who collapsed and died after a woman was fatally stabbed was found to be in possession of an “unidentified” white powder.
Magdalena Welna, 23, was found in Valentines Road having been stabbed at around 5.30pm on Friday and was taken to hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Victor Banjo Ogundunmade from Newham was discovered 600 metres away in Auckland Road.
He was found topless in a residential driveway in possession of the powder a little before 7pm.
A post mortem on both bodies will be carried out within the next few days once results on the white substance have come back.
You may also want to watch:
Police have confirmed the pair knew each other.
Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the murder of Ms Welna, a Polish national.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 8 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
Anyone who witnessed anything suspicious or has information that may assist the investigation should call the incident room on 020 345 1570.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.