Ilford murder: Victor Banjo Ogundunmade found with “unidentified” white powder
- Credit: Archant
The 27-year-old man who collapsed and died after a woman was fatally stabbed was found to be in possession of an “unidentified” white powder.
Magdalena Welna, 23, was found in Valentines Road having been stabbed at around 5.30pm on Friday and was taken to hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Victor Banjo Ogundunmade from Newham was discovered 600 metres away in Auckland Road.
He was found topless in a residential driveway in possession of the powder a little before 7pm.
A post mortem on both bodies will be carried out within the next few days once results on the white substance have come back.
You may also want to watch:
Police have confirmed the pair knew each other.
Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the murder of Ms Welna, a Polish national.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 10 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
Anyone who witnessed anything suspicious or has information that may assist the investigation should call the incident room on 020 345 1570.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.