Ilford murder victim named as investigation continues
- Credit: Archant
The name of a man murdered in Ilford on Sunday morning has been released.
Police investigating the fatal stabbing in Richmond Road in the early hours of Sunday have named the victim as 57-year-old Yogesh Desi of Chamberlain Close, Ilford.
The force is investigating Mr Desi’s murder, with detectives appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Officers were called to the junction of Richmond Road and Albert Road, Ilford, following reports of an assault just after 3.30am, where they found Mr Desai suffering from a stab injury.
He was taken to an east London hospital by the London Ambulance Service where he died hours later.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday January 1) at West Ham mortuary.
An incident room is open at Lewisham under Detective Chief Inspector Russell Taylor, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
DCI Taylor said: “I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the stabbing or the build-up to the incident to contact us. We know that a number of people were at a party at a nearby address and it is possible that they saw something of importance. We are particularly keen to speak with anyone who attended that event who is yet to come forward.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4868, dial 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 30-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
He was taken to an east London police station where he was further arrested on suspicion of murder.
He has been bailed to a date in early February pending further enquiries.