Ilford murder victim died of ‘stab wound to the neck’, post-mortem confirms
- Credit: Archant
A man murdered in Ilford last month died of a stab wound to the neck, a post-mortem has revealed.
Yogesh Desai, 57, was killed just yards from his home in Chamberlain Close, Ilford, in the early hours of Sunday December 28.
Walthamstow Coroner’s Court manager Hugh Kelly said an inquest had been opened into his death last week.
He confirmed a post-mortem carried out at East Ham mortuary confirmed Mr Desai died from a stab wound to the neck.
A 30-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder following Mr Desai’s death. He has been released on bail until February.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Met Police confirmed enquiries were ongoing in the investigation.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Consultation for School Streets expansion extended