Ilford murder victim died of ‘stab wound to the neck’, post-mortem confirms
- Credit: Archant
A man murdered in Ilford last month died of a stab wound to the neck, a post-mortem has revealed.
Yogesh Desai, 57, was killed just yards from his home in Chamberlain Close, Ilford, in the early hours of Sunday December 28.
Walthamstow Coroner’s Court manager Hugh Kelly said an inquest had been opened into his death last week.
He confirmed a post-mortem carried out at East Ham mortuary confirmed Mr Desai died from a stab wound to the neck.
A 30-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder following Mr Desai’s death. He has been released on bail until February.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Met Police confirmed enquiries were ongoing in the investigation.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 9 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London