Ilford murder victim died of ‘stab wound to the neck’, post-mortem confirms
- Credit: Archant
A man murdered in Ilford last month died of a stab wound to the neck, a post-mortem has revealed.
Yogesh Desai, 57, was killed just yards from his home in Chamberlain Close, Ilford, in the early hours of Sunday December 28.
Walthamstow Coroner’s Court manager Hugh Kelly said an inquest had been opened into his death last week.
He confirmed a post-mortem carried out at East Ham mortuary confirmed Mr Desai died from a stab wound to the neck.
A 30-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder following Mr Desai’s death. He has been released on bail until February.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Met Police confirmed enquiries were ongoing in the investigation.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses