Ilford murder trial hears teenager was stabbed after squabble at birthday party
A teenager was stabbed to death in Ilford after being chased out of a birthday party by a mob brandishing Champagne and brandy bottles, a court has heard.
Kelvin Chibueze, 17, was set upon after a squabble about him and his friends blocking the entrance to the smoking area at Arteflex nightclub, off High Road, Ilford, it is alleged.
He received at least one stab wound inside the private party and was then chased out on to the street outside by a gang wielding bottles, knives and a bar stool, the Old Bailey was told yesterday.
Mr Chibueze then tripped and was stabbed a further “five or six” times in the Ilford Retail Park, off Thompson Close, with a foot-long blade by one of his attackers while the other kept him on the floor by sitting on his legs, jurors heard.
The court was told he collapsed to the floor, crying “I can’t breathe”.
You may also want to watch:
Violence flared in the early hours of August 15 last year said prosecutor Richard Whittam.
At least four knives were found nearby stained with Kelvin’s blood and it is thought some of his group were also wielding blades, the court heard.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 10 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
Mr Chibueze was taken to The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, but was pronounced dead. One of the wounds he received had pierced his lung.
Roger Damali, 31, of Macauley Road, East Ham; Kongolo Kongola, 30, of Sewell Street, Plaistow; Ibrahim Zakari, 20, of St Margaret’s, Barking; Lerone Boye, 25, of Henley Road, Ilford; Dale Williams, 20, of Harts Lane, Barking; Joel Asare-Minta, 22, of Park Avenue, East Ham; Diphy Menga, 24, of St Mary’s Road, Ilford and a 17-year-old, of Dagenham, all deny murder.
Williams has admitted violent disorder, a charge the other seven defendants deny.
The trial continues.