Ilford murder trial hears teenager was stabbed after squabble at birthday party
A teenager was stabbed to death in Ilford after being chased out of a birthday party by a mob brandishing Champagne and brandy bottles, a court has heard.
Kelvin Chibueze, 17, was set upon after a squabble about him and his friends blocking the entrance to the smoking area at Arteflex nightclub, off High Road, Ilford, it is alleged.
He received at least one stab wound inside the private party and was then chased out on to the street outside by a gang wielding bottles, knives and a bar stool, the Old Bailey was told yesterday.
Mr Chibueze then tripped and was stabbed a further “five or six” times in the Ilford Retail Park, off Thompson Close, with a foot-long blade by one of his attackers while the other kept him on the floor by sitting on his legs, jurors heard.
The court was told he collapsed to the floor, crying “I can’t breathe”.
Violence flared in the early hours of August 15 last year said prosecutor Richard Whittam.
At least four knives were found nearby stained with Kelvin’s blood and it is thought some of his group were also wielding blades, the court heard.
- 1 Pan-Asian noodle bar opens on Ilford High Street
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 5 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 6 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 7 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 9 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 10 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas
Mr Chibueze was taken to The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, but was pronounced dead. One of the wounds he received had pierced his lung.
Roger Damali, 31, of Macauley Road, East Ham; Kongolo Kongola, 30, of Sewell Street, Plaistow; Ibrahim Zakari, 20, of St Margaret’s, Barking; Lerone Boye, 25, of Henley Road, Ilford; Dale Williams, 20, of Harts Lane, Barking; Joel Asare-Minta, 22, of Park Avenue, East Ham; Diphy Menga, 24, of St Mary’s Road, Ilford and a 17-year-old, of Dagenham, all deny murder.
Williams has admitted violent disorder, a charge the other seven defendants deny.
The trial continues.