Ilford murder trial hears teenager was stabbed after squabble at birthday party
A teenager was stabbed to death in Ilford after being chased out of a birthday party by a mob brandishing Champagne and brandy bottles, a court has heard.
Kelvin Chibueze, 17, was set upon after a squabble about him and his friends blocking the entrance to the smoking area at Arteflex nightclub, off High Road, Ilford, it is alleged.
He received at least one stab wound inside the private party and was then chased out on to the street outside by a gang wielding bottles, knives and a bar stool, the Old Bailey was told yesterday.
Mr Chibueze then tripped and was stabbed a further “five or six” times in the Ilford Retail Park, off Thompson Close, with a foot-long blade by one of his attackers while the other kept him on the floor by sitting on his legs, jurors heard.
The court was told he collapsed to the floor, crying “I can’t breathe”.
You may also want to watch:
Violence flared in the early hours of August 15 last year said prosecutor Richard Whittam.
At least four knives were found nearby stained with Kelvin’s blood and it is thought some of his group were also wielding blades, the court heard.
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
Mr Chibueze was taken to The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, but was pronounced dead. One of the wounds he received had pierced his lung.
Roger Damali, 31, of Macauley Road, East Ham; Kongolo Kongola, 30, of Sewell Street, Plaistow; Ibrahim Zakari, 20, of St Margaret’s, Barking; Lerone Boye, 25, of Henley Road, Ilford; Dale Williams, 20, of Harts Lane, Barking; Joel Asare-Minta, 22, of Park Avenue, East Ham; Diphy Menga, 24, of St Mary’s Road, Ilford and a 17-year-old, of Dagenham, all deny murder.
Williams has admitted violent disorder, a charge the other seven defendants deny.
The trial continues.