Ilford man jailed for life for murdering partner
A STORMY relationship which ended in a man stabbing his partner to death had seen police called to their home more than 10 times because of violent rows.
A MAN who stabbed his partner to death has been jailed for life for murder and told he will spend at least 15-and-half years inside.
Afzal Hussain, 34, killed 30-year-old Carmen Stanescu, 30, in a ferocious attack attack at their home in Charles Church Walk, Ilford as their two year-old daughter slept upstairs. He then phoned one of his brothers in tears in the early hours of the morning to say: “I’ve done something terrible.”
But the police were only called later that day after concerned relatives went round to the house and found Carmen lying in a pool of blood in the kitchen with injuries to the neck arm and hands. The fatal stab wound had severed her jugular vein.
Judge William Kennedy told Hussain: “The presence of your daughter in the house during the attack, together with the vulnerability of your wife are aggravating factors.
You may also want to watch:
“There is little if any evidence that she did anything other than love you and support you.”
Hussain and the victim had been in a relationship for 13 years before the murder at around 1am on March 12 this year.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 5 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 6 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 7 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
Prosecutor Peter Wright QC said: “At the time the relationship had undoubtedly been stormy by reason of the defendant’s drinking habits.
“The police had been called on no fewer than 10 occasions because of domestic disagreements.”
Hussain admitted murder last week.