Ilford man jailed after 18-month relationship with underage girl
A trainee engineer whose jilted underage lover told police of their 18-month relationship has been jailed for three years.
Hisham Aminzia, 23, of Thorold Road, Ilford, said he thought the 14-year-old was actually 16 when he started having sex with her in March 2008, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
But when she revealed her true age a month later, Aminzia carried on sleeping with her.
The affair began when the teenager, now aged 17, visited his house with a porn movie and persuaded him to watch it with her.
It lasted until late 2009, when she reported the defendant to police after he split up with her.
You may also want to watch:
Aminzia, who was training to work as an engineer on the London Underground, admitted five counts of sexual activity with a child.
Passing sentence, judge Martyn Zeidman said the age of consent exists to protect people under 16 who “may not be sufficiently mature for a relationship”.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
He said: “This was not an isolated incident, it was a series of offences over a period of time and it follows that you had the opportunity to reflect on what you were doing.
“I accept that this was done in what both you and the victim believed to be a loving relationship.
“She said in her statement that she enjoyed it and there is no suggestion at all that you imposed your will upon her – indeed she instigated the sexual relationship.
“Her view is that she wants you to be punished but that is coloured with the fact she did not want the break-up of the relationship.”
He added that Aminzia, who was 20 when he first met the teenager, was sexually inexperienced himself and less mature than other people of his age.
Aminzia was ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register.