Ilford man charged with murder after elderly woman dies in care home
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford man has been charged with murder in connection with the death of an elderly woman at a care home in Buckhurst Hill.
Antony Jennings, 32, of Clinton Crescent, Ilford, has been charged with murder.
He is due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court today.
Essex police were contacted at 1.20pm on Wednesday, November 29 to reports of a woman aged in her 90s had suffered serious injuries at Forest Place Nursing Home in Roebuck Lane.
The woman, 94 year-old Ruby Wilson, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination has given the preliminary cause of death as lacerations to the neck.
Police confirm the victim and suspect were known to each other but the man has no connection to the care home.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 7 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 8 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 9 Redbridge ranked second most hygienic London borough for nightlife
- 10 Nine in ten Redbridge women report being subject to street harassment