Ilford man charged with murder after elderly woman dies in care home
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford man has been charged with murder in connection with the death of an elderly woman at a care home in Buckhurst Hill.
Antony Jennings, 32, of Clinton Crescent, Ilford, has been charged with murder.
He is due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court today.
Essex police were contacted at 1.20pm on Wednesday, November 29 to reports of a woman aged in her 90s had suffered serious injuries at Forest Place Nursing Home in Roebuck Lane.
The woman, 94 year-old Ruby Wilson, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination has given the preliminary cause of death as lacerations to the neck.
Police confirm the victim and suspect were known to each other but the man has no connection to the care home.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer