Ilford man charged with murder after elderly woman dies in care home
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford man has been charged with murder in connection with the death of an elderly woman at a care home in Buckhurst Hill.
Antony Jennings, 32, of Clinton Crescent, Ilford, has been charged with murder.
He is due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court today.
Essex police were contacted at 1.20pm on Wednesday, November 29 to reports of a woman aged in her 90s had suffered serious injuries at Forest Place Nursing Home in Roebuck Lane.
The woman, 94 year-old Ruby Wilson, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination has given the preliminary cause of death as lacerations to the neck.
Police confirm the victim and suspect were known to each other but the man has no connection to the care home.
- 1 Council offers update on regeneration projects at Ilford BID webinar
- 2 Ilford church turns into vaccine pop-up clinic
- 3 No 10 at odds with Redbridge Council over masks for primary children
- 4 Former Islington head announced as new interim chief exec for Redbridge Council
- 5 Sadiq has proposed Boundary Charge for cars coming from outside London
- 6 South African Covid variant found in Ilford, 'surge testing' to begin
- 7 Redbridge students rewarded by police for mental health artwork
- 8 Post Office pledges permanent presence in South Woodford as current site to close in April
- 9 People urged to take part in seven-day food waste challenge
- 10 Green Business scheme proposed by Conservatives voted down