Ilford man charged with murder after elderly woman dies in care home
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford man has been charged with murder in connection with the death of an elderly woman at a care home in Buckhurst Hill.
Antony Jennings, 32, of Clinton Crescent, Ilford, has been charged with murder.
He is due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court today.
Essex police were contacted at 1.20pm on Wednesday, November 29 to reports of a woman aged in her 90s had suffered serious injuries at Forest Place Nursing Home in Roebuck Lane.
The woman, 94 year-old Ruby Wilson, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination has given the preliminary cause of death as lacerations to the neck.
Police confirm the victim and suspect were known to each other but the man has no connection to the care home.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Ilford North MP questions home secretary over 'lost' police records
- 7 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?