Ilford man charged with murder after elderly woman dies in care home
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford man has been charged with murder in connection with the death of an elderly woman at a care home in Buckhurst Hill.
Antony Jennings, 32, of Clinton Crescent, Ilford, has been charged with murder.
He is due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court today.
Essex police were contacted at 1.20pm on Wednesday, November 29 to reports of a woman aged in her 90s had suffered serious injuries at Forest Place Nursing Home in Roebuck Lane.
The woman, 94 year-old Ruby Wilson, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination has given the preliminary cause of death as lacerations to the neck.
Police confirm the victim and suspect were known to each other but the man has no connection to the care home.
- 1 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 2 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 6 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 10 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City