Ilford man charged with murder
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been charged with murder following the death of a woman who was known to him in Ilford.
Muhammad Ilyas, 40, of Kingston Road, was arrested on Wednesday, May 26 and was charged with murder the following day.
It comes after the death of a 32-year-old woman at a home in Kingston Road on Thursday, May 13.
The death was initially classified as unexplained, but after a post-mortem examination the investigation was upped to homicide.
The woman’s family are aware and continue to be supported by specialist officers.
Police are not seeking further suspects in connection with this investigation.
The man and the victim were known to each other.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 8 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 9 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care
- 10 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
Mr Ilyas will next appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday, August 17.