Ilford man charged with murder
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been charged with murder following the death of a woman who was known to him in Ilford.
Muhammad Ilyas, 40, of Kingston Road, was arrested on Wednesday, May 26 and was charged with murder the following day.
It comes after the death of a 32-year-old woman at a home in Kingston Road on Thursday, May 13.
The death was initially classified as unexplained, but after a post-mortem examination the investigation was upped to homicide.
The woman’s family are aware and continue to be supported by specialist officers.
Police are not seeking further suspects in connection with this investigation.
The man and the victim were known to each other.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
Mr Ilyas will next appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday, August 17.