Ilford man charged with knife attack
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford man has been charged with a stabbing in Canning Town.
Police found the 26-year-old victim in Bidder Street when they were called to a fight at 5am on bank holiday Monday.
Detective Constable Adam Daisley said that several people saw the stabbing, including some who gave the victim first aid: “We would urge any witnesses or anyone with information to contact Newham CID to assist with the investigation to help bring those responsible to justice.”
He was taken to a south London hospital, and his injuries are not life-threatening or life-changing.
Elie Saba, 30, from Goddards Way in Ilford was arrested nearby at 5.40am and charged with grievous bodily harm with intent.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Tuesday 30 May.
Anyone with information can contact Newham CID on 020 8217 5820, or speak anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 9 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 10 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge