Ilford man charged with knife attack
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford man has been charged with a stabbing in Canning Town.
Police found the 26-year-old victim in Bidder Street when they were called to a fight at 5am on bank holiday Monday.
Detective Constable Adam Daisley said that several people saw the stabbing, including some who gave the victim first aid: “We would urge any witnesses or anyone with information to contact Newham CID to assist with the investigation to help bring those responsible to justice.”
He was taken to a south London hospital, and his injuries are not life-threatening or life-changing.
Elie Saba, 30, from Goddards Way in Ilford was arrested nearby at 5.40am and charged with grievous bodily harm with intent.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Tuesday 30 May.
Anyone with information can contact Newham CID on 020 8217 5820, or speak anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 5 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap