Ilford man charged with knife attack
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford man has been charged with a stabbing in Canning Town.
Police found the 26-year-old victim in Bidder Street when they were called to a fight at 5am on bank holiday Monday.
Detective Constable Adam Daisley said that several people saw the stabbing, including some who gave the victim first aid: “We would urge any witnesses or anyone with information to contact Newham CID to assist with the investigation to help bring those responsible to justice.”
He was taken to a south London hospital, and his injuries are not life-threatening or life-changing.
Elie Saba, 30, from Goddards Way in Ilford was arrested nearby at 5.40am and charged with grievous bodily harm with intent.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Tuesday 30 May.
Anyone with information can contact Newham CID on 020 8217 5820, or speak anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate