Ilford man charged with knife attack
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford man has been charged with a stabbing in Canning Town.
Police found the 26-year-old victim in Bidder Street when they were called to a fight at 5am on bank holiday Monday.
Detective Constable Adam Daisley said that several people saw the stabbing, including some who gave the victim first aid: “We would urge any witnesses or anyone with information to contact Newham CID to assist with the investigation to help bring those responsible to justice.”
He was taken to a south London hospital, and his injuries are not life-threatening or life-changing.
Elie Saba, 30, from Goddards Way in Ilford was arrested nearby at 5.40am and charged with grievous bodily harm with intent.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Tuesday 30 May.
Anyone with information can contact Newham CID on 020 8217 5820, or speak anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London