Ilford man arrested in connection with stabbing in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old Ilford man was arrested in the early hours of this morning in connection with a stabbing in Norwich.
Another man, aged 22, was arrested in Barking on Sunday morning by Met Police officers.
Both were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm in connection with an incident earlier this month.
On Sunday, September 15, two men in their early 30s were approached by three men in a Ford Focus which mounted the pavement and struck one of them.
The second victim ran away but was attacked and stabbed three times, suffering injuries to his shoulder and buttocks.
Both men received medical treatment at hospital but were later released.
Officers from Norfolk Police believe it was a deliberate act.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 3 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 5 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 6 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 7 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 BBC documentary based on BHRUT nurses scoops award
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
Det Insp Richard Graveling said: “The level of violence used in this attack is serious but fortunately extremely rare in Norwich.
“While we are keeping an open mind our enquiries are being focused on the belief this was a targeted attack and not a random incident.”
After both suspects were taken to Norfolk for questioning, the man from Barking was released on bail until next month while the Ilford man remains in custody.