Ilford man arrested in connection with stabbing in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old Ilford man was arrested in the early hours of this morning in connection with a stabbing in Norwich.
Another man, aged 22, was arrested in Barking on Sunday morning by Met Police officers.
Both were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm in connection with an incident earlier this month.
On Sunday, September 15, two men in their early 30s were approached by three men in a Ford Focus which mounted the pavement and struck one of them.
The second victim ran away but was attacked and stabbed three times, suffering injuries to his shoulder and buttocks.
You may also want to watch:
Both men received medical treatment at hospital but were later released.
Officers from Norfolk Police believe it was a deliberate act.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 10 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
Det Insp Richard Graveling said: “The level of violence used in this attack is serious but fortunately extremely rare in Norwich.
“While we are keeping an open mind our enquiries are being focused on the belief this was a targeted attack and not a random incident.”
After both suspects were taken to Norfolk for questioning, the man from Barking was released on bail until next month while the Ilford man remains in custody.