Ilford man arrested in connection with stabbing in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old Ilford man was arrested in the early hours of this morning in connection with a stabbing in Norwich.
Another man, aged 22, was arrested in Barking on Sunday morning by Met Police officers.
Both were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm in connection with an incident earlier this month.
On Sunday, September 15, two men in their early 30s were approached by three men in a Ford Focus which mounted the pavement and struck one of them.
The second victim ran away but was attacked and stabbed three times, suffering injuries to his shoulder and buttocks.
You may also want to watch:
Both men received medical treatment at hospital but were later released.
Officers from Norfolk Police believe it was a deliberate act.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 8 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 9 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Det Insp Richard Graveling said: “The level of violence used in this attack is serious but fortunately extremely rare in Norwich.
“While we are keeping an open mind our enquiries are being focused on the belief this was a targeted attack and not a random incident.”
After both suspects were taken to Norfolk for questioning, the man from Barking was released on bail until next month while the Ilford man remains in custody.