Ilford illegal car dealership still trading two years on
- Credit: Archant
A car dealer is still operating illegally more than a year after being ordered to leave, a public meeting heard.
Redbridge Car Sales has been operating from the disused car park of the former Plessey factory, at the back of Vicarage Lane, Ilford, since July 2014 without planning permission.
The business, which is registered at Companies House under the name of Farhad Ahmed, was served a notice in March last year by the council to cease trading.
But after the site was cleared following an unsuccessful appeal, car sales recommenced.
Redbridge Council confirmed more evidence and prosecution papers were being prepared to end the illegal trading.
Residents also told the local forum at Seven Kings High School last week they were living in fear after claiming to have been threatened by Mr Ahmed.
One resident said: “This man has come here illegally selling cars. He has been threatening us and threatening my father.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 5 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 6 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 7 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 8 Found: Missing girl who was believed to have travelled to east London
- 9 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 10 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
“He said things like ‘if you come back I’m going to shoot you’ and ‘my friends are going to come down and batter everybody’.”
Mr Ahmed told the Recorder: “We gave no threats to anybody and if there is any issue we report it to the police.
“We are sitting in here and we are doing business, we are not criminals. And we respect all the neighbourhood.”
He added that he is waiting for a final appeal decision about trading on the site.