‘Ilford’ girl, 5, critical after shooting
A five-year-old girl lying critically injured in hospital after being shot is believed to be from Ilford.
The youngster was shot in the chest on Tuesday in Stockwell Food & Wine shop, Stockwell Road, Brixton.
A 35-year-old man, who is not related to the girl, is also critically injured after being shot in the face.
According to a national news media report, the girl was visiting relatives who own the shop.
It is believed two youths ran into the shop shortly before the shots were fired.
You may also want to watch:
The two youths, who police believe were the intended targets, ran from the shop and chased the three others who were on bikes, running off along Broom Grove Road.
No arrests have yet been made in connection with the double shooting.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 5 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 6 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 7 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 8 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 9 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 10 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang