‘Ilford’ girl, 5, critical after shooting
A five-year-old girl lying critically injured in hospital after being shot is believed to be from Ilford.
The youngster was shot in the chest on Tuesday in Stockwell Food & Wine shop, Stockwell Road, Brixton.
A 35-year-old man, who is not related to the girl, is also critically injured after being shot in the face.
According to a national news media report, the girl was visiting relatives who own the shop.
It is believed two youths ran into the shop shortly before the shots were fired.
You may also want to watch:
The two youths, who police believe were the intended targets, ran from the shop and chased the three others who were on bikes, running off along Broom Grove Road.
No arrests have yet been made in connection with the double shooting.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 10 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford