‘Ilford’ girl, 5, critical after shooting
A five-year-old girl lying critically injured in hospital after being shot is believed to be from Ilford.
The youngster was shot in the chest on Tuesday in Stockwell Food & Wine shop, Stockwell Road, Brixton.
A 35-year-old man, who is not related to the girl, is also critically injured after being shot in the face.
According to a national news media report, the girl was visiting relatives who own the shop.
It is believed two youths ran into the shop shortly before the shots were fired.
You may also want to watch:
The two youths, who police believe were the intended targets, ran from the shop and chased the three others who were on bikes, running off along Broom Grove Road.
No arrests have yet been made in connection with the double shooting.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead