Ilford gang feud teenager accused denies murder
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy died after being chased and repeatedly stabbed in a gang-related attack, a court has heard.
Mohammed Hassan, from Wandsworth, was found with his guts “bulging out” in the early hours of April 23 last year, a jury at the Old Bailey was told.
Five defendants are on trial jointly charged with his murder - including Tyriq Aboagye, 18, of Westbury Road, Ilford - who is is also charged with perverting the course of justice.
He denies both charges.
He is on trial alongside Brandon Akapea, 18, from Lambeth, Kishon Allen, 19, from Mitcham, along with two 17-year-old boys from Tooting and Eastbourne, East Sussex, who also deny the charge.
You may also want to watch:
It is alleged that Mohammed was targeted by the group before being chased by three of them, armed with at least two knives, at around 1.25am on the Winstanley Estate near Clapham Junction in south London, on April 23 last year.
He was stabbed multiple times before the killers left the scene in a dark blue Mercedes, which is alleged to have contained all five defendants, prosecutor Anthony Orchard QC said.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools
Opening the trial, Mr Orchard told the jury: “The prosecution’s case is all were fully aware of the presence of numerous weapons in that car - at least two large knives and a sword - and all knew the intention was to hunt down and attack any perceived opposing gang member using knives.
“It doesn’t matter only three attackers are seen in the footage.
“All five, we say, were involved and shared the common intention to really seriously injure their victim, whoever that might be.”
A local resident was walking his dog on Meyrick Road at around 1.25am when he saw four boys running followed by a Mercedes car, the court heard.
Moments later he saw two black men walking away with their hoods up, with one holding what appeared to be a baseball bat and the other a “large kitchen knife” with around a 12-inch blade, Mr Orchard said.
He told the jury: “He looked over to where they had come from and there was a boy on the ground.
The boy shouted: ‘Help me, I’m dying, they stabbed me’. He went over to him. The boy was in a great deal of pain.”
The resident called 999 and was asked to check for injuries.
Mr Orchard told the jury: “When he pulled up the boy’s top he could see a deep gash from which the boy’s guts were bulging out.”
Mohammed was taken to hospital with multiple stab wounds and injuries, but was pronounced dead at 2.51am.
Mr Orchard said the defendants had links to Stockwell-based gang All ‘Bout Money, also known as ABM or Team Raw, and Tooting-based gangs 417 and Tooting Trap Stars.
The groups were said to be “closely allied” before April 2017, with Tooting Trap Stars engaged in a “long-running feud” with Stick ‘em Up Kids, a gang based in Wandsworth.
Mr Orchard said: “The evidence points to the conclusion that this was gang-related violence.”
The five defendants are also jointly charged with violent disorder, after allegedly trying to attack two men in a Costcutters shop on Wandsworth Road at around 1am on the same day.
The jury was told the two 17 year olds, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have pleaded guilty to the offence.