Ilford engineers compete in national competition
Three Ilford engineers are competing in a nationwide competition.
The technicians from Redbridge Transport Workshops, in Ley Street, are in the running for an award for excellence in bus and coach engineering.
Brothers Mark Cubit, 45, and Matt Cubit, 30, from Ongar and Dilawar Hussain, 26, from Walthamstow, will be judged on a series of engineering tasks at the S&B Automotive Academy in Bristol.
The IRTE Skills Challenge heats run from Tuesday to Thursday. The competition aims to find the best bus engineers in the industry.
The team’s service manager in Redbridge, Dave Adams, says: “Our technicians are dedicated, passionate and committed to providing excellent service and quality on all varieties of motor vehicles,
You may also want to watch:
“I would hope this competition will show how highly skilled our technicians are in all areas of the motor trade and how this proves that training and investments in staff makes us succeed.”
The results will be announced next month.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford