Ilford engineers compete in national competition
Three Ilford engineers are competing in a nationwide competition.
The technicians from Redbridge Transport Workshops, in Ley Street, are in the running for an award for excellence in bus and coach engineering.
Brothers Mark Cubit, 45, and Matt Cubit, 30, from Ongar and Dilawar Hussain, 26, from Walthamstow, will be judged on a series of engineering tasks at the S&B Automotive Academy in Bristol.
The IRTE Skills Challenge heats run from Tuesday to Thursday. The competition aims to find the best bus engineers in the industry.
The team’s service manager in Redbridge, Dave Adams, says: “Our technicians are dedicated, passionate and committed to providing excellent service and quality on all varieties of motor vehicles,
You may also want to watch:
“I would hope this competition will show how highly skilled our technicians are in all areas of the motor trade and how this proves that training and investments in staff makes us succeed.”
The results will be announced next month.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding