Ilford engineers compete in national competition
Three Ilford engineers are competing in a nationwide competition.
The technicians from Redbridge Transport Workshops, in Ley Street, are in the running for an award for excellence in bus and coach engineering.
Brothers Mark Cubit, 45, and Matt Cubit, 30, from Ongar and Dilawar Hussain, 26, from Walthamstow, will be judged on a series of engineering tasks at the S&B Automotive Academy in Bristol.
The IRTE Skills Challenge heats run from Tuesday to Thursday. The competition aims to find the best bus engineers in the industry.
The team’s service manager in Redbridge, Dave Adams, says: “Our technicians are dedicated, passionate and committed to providing excellent service and quality on all varieties of motor vehicles,
You may also want to watch:
“I would hope this competition will show how highly skilled our technicians are in all areas of the motor trade and how this proves that training and investments in staff makes us succeed.”
The results will be announced next month.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 8 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses